ITT Corp

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp in February 2010.

Included HR , Resume based and Technical questions on fluent proe and software questions u list on ur resume

NOT- much

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Corp in February 2010.

Hiring process was easy, the company was very cooperative and the behavior was quite professional

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have dealt with a crisis and resolved it with teamwork?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Corp in August 2009.

I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Questions
    I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

Interviewed twice..once with the department manager, once with the System Project Manager and the Software Task Lead.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were about my experience in embedded software...real time, and GPS   Answer Question

I have an offer closer to home.

Gun Smith II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

The hiring process was easy and the interveiw was also easy

There was none,you start at $16.25 and you stay at $16.25 the hole time you work for that company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Corp in November 2008.

individual interviews, half a day

Interview Questions
    • what do you do when you don't know something?   View Answer
    nothing, was part of the same company then became an acquisition

Rotatonal Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Corp in October 2008.

About 20 college recruits were all interviewed at once on site. The initial screening was from job fairs. All students were told via email that they wanted to bring us on site for an interview. A birth certificate was required along with lengthy paperwork to gain entrance to the building.

We were given a presentation all together about the company and the position, and then we had an informal lunch. From there, we were broken into three groups for the rest of the day. The groups rotated between three different activities: a tour, interviews, and a talk with current employees.

The interview section consisted of three or four group interviews. Each group interview seemed to have one senior engineer and two younger engineers. Each table focused on a different characteristic: leadership, technical knowledge, etc. Each session lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to resolve a conflict in a former job and describe how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

They asked too many questions for a job that only pays $1,500 per class. You are responsbile for things like student attendance you have no control over.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Corp in June 2011.

The ITT conglomerate was split into three (3) companies in the fall of 2011. The spinoff companies are disorganized and unfocused, not knowing what the others are doing with regard to staffing despite their use of common resources in the process.

Standard interview process, multiple 1:1 interviews that lasted about a half day; enjoyed meeting the staff and they were informative. Feedback was positive then no communication for weeks despite my inquiries. After weeks of no information I was informed the position would not be filled.

I was invited to interview for a similar position with another spinoff company. This consisted of 3, 1:1 hour long interviews that also went well. The company made hotel arrangements in New Rochelle, NY for me despite the fact that their corporate HQ is in White Plains, NY about 20-30 minutes away with a hotel on the opposite side of the Interstate from the HQ building (strange). When I arrived I discovered that I had to pay for the room; it was not picked up by the comany. I submitted for reimbursement as instructed on the form provided. I included mileage of 400+ miles at the company specifed rate and submitted the form as directed to their AP group in Ft. Wayne, IN. They never paid (about $500.00).

About 6-8 weeks later, after numerous inquires, I was informed that I was not being considered for further interviews. Overall the worst comany I have dealt with in my career; poor communications, disorganized, and unprofessional. Although I enjoyed the interviews and found them informative I would caution prospective candidates to be prepared for uncommonly poor communications. I would also suggest that financial arrangements related to interviews be thoroughly discussed in advance so you do not show up at the hotel and have to pay for the room. Lastly I can only relate my personal experience with repect to ITT and their non payment of interview expenses despite proper submission on their company form and urge caution to prospective candidates.

And if you are wondering if they ever communicated with me after I submitted the expense reimbursement form (about 4-5 months ago), the answer is no; never heard one word from them. I was so disguted and didn't want to deal with their incompetence that I "ate" the $500.00.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept the position, if offered, for "X" dollars?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Corp in July 2010.

3 rounds on interview, 1st on telephone, next with the sales director and final on call with HR, excellent in transparency, gave full freedom to express myself and change to showcase my capability

Interview Questions
    • They started discussing about how i should bring about changes in the cureent distribution network   Answer Question
    Yes, i was able to negotiate and we discussed all details with full freedom and transperancy