ITT Corp Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.5

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ITT Corp (Rockville, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. One grilled me to see how I would respond. Good interview overall. Got to speak with people at different levels of he company.

Interview Questions

• Asked technical question on digital vs. analog. Got question wrong. Was asked how I could work there.   1 Answer

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kekaha, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp (Kekaha, HI) in September 2010.

Interview

Got Hired over the phone. Company was in the middle of changing over the Radar systems and in need of engineers who were willing to relocate to Kauaʻi. Basically call me up to ask me if I wanted the job or not. The interview seemed more of a recruiting than an actual interview for the job. Seemed like no one wanted to relocate to Kauaʻi.

Interview Questions

• No hard or unexpected questions for my hiring process. Basically explained the job situation, what I would gain and be responsible for and hardest question asked, was do you want the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a relocation package that I could have taken. Covers up to $10,000 for hotel, rental car, and shipping of personal belongings.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

interviewed at ITT Corp (Clifton, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

One day, four interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp (College Station, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Included HR , Resume based and Technical questions on fluent proe and software questions u list on ur resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOT- much

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Corp (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was easy, the company was very cooperative and the behavior was quite professional

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have dealt with a crisis and resolved it with teamwork?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ITT Corp (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ITT Corp (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed twice..once with the department manager, once with the System Project Manager and the Software Task Lead.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my experience in embedded software...real time, and GPS   Answer Question

I have an offer closer to home.

Gun Smith II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was easy and the interveiw was also easy

Negotiation

There was none,you start at $16.25 and you stay at $16.25 the hole time you work for that company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Corp (Rochester, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

individual interviews, half a day

Interview Questions

• what do you do when you don't know something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing, was part of the same company then became an acquisition

Rotatonal Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ITT Corp (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2008.

Interview

About 20 college recruits were all interviewed at once on site. The initial screening was from job fairs. All students were told via email that they wanted to bring us on site for an interview. A birth certificate was required along with lengthy paperwork to gain entrance to the building.

We were given a presentation all together about the company and the position, and then we had an informal lunch. From there, we were broken into three groups for the rest of the day. The groups rotated between three different activities: a tour, interviews, and a talk with current employees.

The interview section consisted of three or four group interviews. Each group interview seemed to have one senior engineer and two younger engineers. Each table focused on a different characteristic: leadership, technical knowledge, etc. Each session lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to resolve a conflict in a former job and describe how you resolved it.   Answer Question