ITT Technical Institute Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

Extremely easy interview. Met with recruiting manager first. Basic interview where he did more talking than I did. Was welcomed back for a second interview with the recruiting director. Interview process was a piece of cake, but it is very apparent that they only want numbers and don't actually care for the students education.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (High Point, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

very structured yet laid back. DOR was very open and kept lines of communication open throughout process. The background check was the longest process but its understood that it takes time. Once that was over everything was pretty smooth

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Bessemer, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Group orientated process . Other candidates will hear your answers I would say be thoroughly familiar with your resume . This will give you a leg up since the interview will consist of you relaying your skills to the position

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Waco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule the interview and the caller was very kind and flexible with scheduling. After doing a bit of research about the position and what it entails, I was concerned that this was NOT a job I was interested in. I emailed the person that called me to set up the interview and explained that I had done some research and had some questions. I asked 3 direct questions that had very specific answers (shift for the position, % of the time on phone vs. in person and how many other people held this position in our area). The response I got did not answer the questions but just stated that they looked forward to the opportunity to discuss these with me at the interview. I canceled the interview. I felt like my questions were direct, simple and wouldn't have taken much time at all. Their refusal to even address them, confirmed that not only is this a job I likely did not want to do, it was someone I didn't want to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was grabbing random people at a local job fair and when he approached me for a resume I should have known this would be a waste of time. He called a few days later to invite me to a cattle call interview with six or so other morons. I was the only one dressed in a suit. The questions were elementary but the answers some of the candidates gave were laughable. They did warn us that the job was almost all cold calling. I knew for sure I could get the job over them, I just wasn't sure if I wanted it. So about a week later I come in for a one on one interview with he recruiter and the campus director. I felt the place was kind of sleezy and dishonest right off the bat. Anyway, the money seemed decent so I would have accepted anyway. Questions in the second interview involved my previous work history and details on how the job would be preformed and evaluated. They seemed ready to hire me and I came back in for a third interview and we discussed any questions I had and when I could start etc. they told me all they had to do was verify the background check and work out the salary and what not with corporate. I left the third interview fully expecting a call within a week or so tops with an offer but I heard nothing. I followed up and was given the run around by the front desk lady. I never heard a thing after that which I considered to be very unprofessional. To go in for three seperate interviews over the span of a few weeks and then hear nothing back is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable sitting on the phone for the entire day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Hilliard, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Two-round interview; background check was extensive for the job, overall process took approximately four weeks. First met with Director of Recruitment, then the Director of the college, and during the second interview had to perform a general phone call to a mock individual to convince them to come to the school for an "interview" and tour of the school.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about what I would say to convince someone to do something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview and then in-person interview and tour of the school. No discussion of work details, hours or pay. Phone interview was friendly but not informative. The manager talked more than she listened. Just asked me to describe previous work experiences and my responsibilities. Prepared me that the one on one would involve specific instances of when I provide good customer service and solved a problem.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience. Asked to give specific instance where you solved a problem for a potential student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They asked what I made at another job and what I expected to make there. She told me they couldn't come close to that amount. And then, when hired, they came close to that amount.

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

It started out with a 30 min phone call, and then the interview was scheduled. The interview was a group interview, which was somethjng I'd never done. It was where all the candidates sat in a room with the DOR, Registrar and Career Services person and they asked each person certain questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a time you felt with an upset customer? Tell me a time that you took charge or went above and beyond in your work place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did a background check and I asked for my salary and was given the amount based on my previous salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2014.

Interview

First you submit an application online, then they call for a phone interview with director of recruiting. If she likes you you do a second in person interview. At this point if she likes you she will schedule you with the director, although that's more of a formality. All situational based questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 5 days later with a brief phone interview with basic questions such as: What interested you about this position? What was your start and end salary of your last job? What would your minimum required salary would be? Etc. Was then asked to come in for an interview the next day. That interview consisted of about 20 situational questions such as: "Describe a time you had to deal with a disgruntled customer/what did you do to solve the problem." Most questions were "Describe a time when". Interviewer (and supervisor to this position) was looking out the window half the time while both asking questions and listening to answers- not engaged or welcoming. I asked follow up questions that seemed to be unexpected and a little unwelcome such as, "What have people in this position gone on to do- is there a healthy internal promotion plan or did they leave to go work elsewhere." Answer: left to work elsewhere and retired. Not a good sign. Asked what a day's work looked like. Answer: 90% phone work. Was told they weren't technically "cold calling", but later was informed that they do. At least two nights a week required until 9pm and every other Saturday (holidays included). Was shown the office and it is a call center with tiny half-cubicles with 12 others in small space all wearing headphones making repeat phone calls. Was told by employee who gave me a tour that, other than himself, people don't stick around very long in that position.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance strict required quotas/deadlines while still providing quality customer service. (Don't think its a good sign that they are already letting you know that will be an issue.)   1 Answer

Was scheduled to come back in for a follow up interview with the director but decided to cancel after seeing how the first interview revealed that the job description was a little misleading.