ITT Technical Institute Director of Career Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Updated Apr 8, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Questions
  • This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question
There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Initial interview was with the School Director and lasted approximately 1 hour. Second interview was held with remaining directors - Dean, Director of Finance, Director of Recruitment, Faculty Chairs and Registrar. Third interview was with Regional Director and School Director. Final Interview was with National Director via phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about contacting an employer who might not use ITT as a school of choice?   View Answer
    Salary was discussed via phone with the School Director. Offer was made the next day via phone. I received all documentation (offer letter and other relevant forms) in the mail within a week to be sent back before my official start date.

Director of Career Services Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2012.

Everything seemed to be going well until my 4th step of the interview process with the District Manager. It was a tele conference interview, for starters the equipment was not working and someone had to constantly restart the computer, change cameras and interrupt which was highly unprofessional. This could have been a phone interview. The icing on the cake was that the job description was described to me completely different. I did not have the sales experience this position required. Keep in mind the word "sales" was never mentioned to me in the first 2 interviews, nor do I have "sales" listed on my resume at all. I kept reading all the reviews on ITT Tech and there wasn't anything positive to be said, but I still maintained a positive attitude. Very unorganized! The fact that the Director (the person managing this position) knows little about the actual position is shocking. This was a complete waste of my time as well as theirs! The most unprofessional interviewing experience ever!

Interview Questions
    • Interview process step 1, consisted of a 45 minute phone interview.   Answer Question
    • 2nd Interview was literally a 16 page interview of behavioral questions that often repeated themselves.   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in December 2007.

Applied for position online. Was contacted by School Director. I interviewed with the school director within a week. The next week I was called back for a panel interview with the other functional directors in each area. I was then phone interviewed by District Manager and the last step before the offer was a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services.

I was offered the position after the final phone interview and after negotiating salary was offered the position. I started position 3 weeks after acceptance of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where a student seeking employment faced a barrier such as background, disability, work history, credit, etc. and how you were able to assis them in overcoming that barrier.   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that every student should have equal access to every job opportunity?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary based on my level of experience.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!