ITT Technical Institute

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in November 2011.

This was the most unorganized business I have ever been to. I went in for an interview and the director had left. She didn't tell anyone to contact me. I told the girl at the desk to forget it and that I could not work in such an unorganized place.

unorganized

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in October 2011.

I was called by the Director of Recruiting for a Phone interview. I was asked to complete a short Skills test online and come in for a group interview. I arrived at the group interview, and I was the only one there. I talked for a few minutes with the Director of Recruiting, and then I took a longer skills test and a personality test. He said they would contact me within a couple days for a second interview if my tests went well. I never heard back from them. I tried following up, but my calls were sent to voicemail by the receptionist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2010.

Rediculously drawn out interview process. I had multiple phone interviews, group interviews, and 1:1 interviews with a number of different people who were never clear on the next step in the process or when a decision would be made. I was told a final decision would be made multiple times more than 2 months before final decision was actually made.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that you believe will prepare you for this career?   Answer Question
    Non-existent. All decisions come down from corporate and your input means nothing. Don't expect calling and requesting an update on status to warrant any results. Chances are the person who interviewed you has no idea where your application stands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2010.

I applied for the position online, responding from a posting on the company's website. About 1 week after I applied I received a call that asked me if I would be willing to come in for "the next step in the process". I showed up at the selected time and waited about 20 minutes when someone came to greet me and take me to do a skills/intelligence test. They asked me if I had a copy of my resume because their 'computer wont print it out correctly.' After the test was over, I notified the recruiter and waited for them to collect my scores. After retrieving my scores they said they would like to do an interview and gave me the option of doing one then or the next day. During the interview the recruiter was extremely friendly but also a bit rudely sarcastic. It became apparent pretty fast that the recruiter thought I was not qualified and didn't have enough experience for the entry-level position. The recruiter then asked me to give her a description of the job I was applying for and I responded, listing 3-4 major things from the job description that I had read. She then responded saying "that's not bad for knowing nothing about the job" and told me that this was a "sales" position and mentioned nothing else but the sales aspect of the job. (After leaving I reviewed the job description and the words 'sale,' 'sales,' 'product' or anything even implying a "sales" position was not listed.)

The interview consisted of roughly 9-10 questions about my previous experience in customer service/sales including very standard questions (tell me of a time when you... 'dealt with a difficult customer,' 'had problems with a co-worker,' 'did an excellent job selling'...including the resolution of the story). Throughout the interview we were interrupted a few different times because the recruiter had phone calls. The recruiter then told me some about the salary and benefits of working with ITT Tech, asked if I had any questions, and then said if they were interested they would contact me for another interview very soon.

While the interview wasn't particularly hard, I would have liked to have been respected a little more. I was familiar with the job description and stated that to the recruiter but because I didn't interpret the job description and boil it all down to 'sales' I was labeled as someone who was applying for a job they knew nothing about. The phone calls were beyond rude in my opinion. I turn my phone off when I come to an interview, the least they should do is notify the secretary they are unable to take calls for the next 15 min.

While I would label this experience as negative, it only seemed to characterize the HR staff. The secretary and other workers that passed through the office were extremely kind and friendly. The HR staff however, had overwhelmed themselves with interviews (each of the phone calls taken during my interview were from other interviewees that were calling to check on their status and while I was waiting in the lobby initially there were at least 2-3 calls for the same thing and one other person waiting to be interviewed.) and i believe it affected their professionalism.

Advice:
    1) Go to a group recruiting introduction. (they seemed to favor these and my recruiter seemed to imply they give you good information about the positions available)
    2) Prepare answers to typical entry-level 'sales' and 'customer service' questions. This will be your interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were expected to sell a particular product to a customer, how you went about it, and the resolution.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with personality conflicts with a co-worker, how you worked through that, and the resolution.   Answer Question

Educational Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2010.

I was initially contacted by the Director of Recruitment and called in for an interview and personality assessment. After that I was called back to interview with the Campus Director. Both the DOR and Director were friendly and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in January 2009.

Online application, complete personality test, when chosen, invited to a group interview, then a second interview.

none

Educational Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

A very scripted interview process, comprised entirely of behavioral interview questions. It included a PowerPoint presentation about the company, a reading/math test (the Wonderlic), and a personality test. The interviewer will likely be the Manager or Director of Recruitment (if you're going into the Marketing Department). You will also speak with the Campus Director.

Educational Recruiter Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about a week later, had a very brief phone screen then invited to come in for 1:1 interview with Director of Recruitment and another manager. 2 hour interview process, including tour of school. A lot of basic situational questions around customer service, sales and handling conflict in workplace. HUGE push for selling education. Stressed that a lot of the students they enroll come from poor neighborhoods. Was offered the positon that day, met the Dean and was asked to fill out background check form during my interview and was asked when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • "How street can you be?" -I refused to answer this question   Answer Question

Educational Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in December 2011.

Extensive process. Thorough and informative group interview. Stresses importance of selling education.

Educational Recruiter Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in November 2011.

The first step in the process is an enrollment test. The next step is a group interview followed by a personality test and another enrollment exam followed by an individual interview. It all takes over a month with little feedback. The group interview is mostly propaganda about ITT Tech and the reasons a person should try to sell the school to potential students.

The job requires a bachelor's degree but the recruiter spends most of their day on the phone selling a $50,000 degree to students who mostly depend on financial aid at high interest rates.

I had to call and email the recruitment manager multiple times to set up interviews. I also had to visit the school 3 different times to complete their exams because their computer system (at a technical school where they teach computer science) crashed multiple times.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable having a job where you will spend multiple hours a day on the phone with very little reward?   Answer Question