ITT Technical Institute

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – I applied online through indeed. I was called and asked to apply through the website. After that I was given instruction to take the assessment and then called for the interview.

Interview Question – What challenges would they face with me as an employee   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Interview Details – Detailed process including a ten minute presentation on a desired subject of your choosing in front of a panel of upper management, student chairs, associated instructors. I had the opportunity to present a portion of an actual presentation that I gave at Stanford University. I went in with confidence and was well prepared for the engagement.

Interview Question – All questions were expected and answered with confidence   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Interview was typical. First portion was a screening company asking a set of questions online; second part was in person interview, including a short "demonstrate teach."

The curriculum for each class is pre-set and includes PPs, handouts, and graded activities for each chapter. The grade book is set to record each assignment from the syllabus, so you have no opportunity to pick and choose topics / assignments according to class composition. It is often very hard to present the certain material to the wide range of academic levels and abilities within the student body. Some students can barely read, some feel the assignments are too easy and get frustrated that they are required to complete such primary work. Since you, the instructor, is evaluated on attendance, you must find a way to make sure each student finds value in coming to class each week.

Peer tutoring is not readily accepted by many of the the advanced students because they feel they are not advancing their knowledge. Sometimes peer teaching reinforces learning for the advanced students, but in many cases I have found the academic divide too great and shared their frustration. My solution to the problem has been to create enrichment activities with enough direction for the more advanced students that would not distract me from the teaching and helping those students working on the required assignments by the other students.

I often find myself walking the fine line of using classroom management and human psychology to keep the class feeling united.

Being an adjunct means that you are only there for your class time and that limits your opportunity of meeting other staff members. It can provide a sense of freedom, but it can also contribute to obstacles in collaboration with fellow colleagues and support staff.

Finally, being an adjunct means you never know whether you are teaching a class until a few days before the quarter begins. In addition, the Department Chairs have recently been required to increase their teaching loads and that has reduced the number of adjunct jobs.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected, I was asked if I could work mornings, afternoons and/or evenings.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Given the uncertainty of getting a class for the term and low pay of $24-28 an hour (excluding time for preparation / creation of special assignments / grading, copying handouts [copier always breaking down], making weekly phone calls to each absent student, completing 2 mandatory online classes for continuing education each term and attending at least 2 faculty meetings per quarter), I would recommend this job as a hobby or an outlet for community service, not as a money maker.

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – you first have to pass an online skills assesment. You will then have an interview with the director of recruitment. If the first interview goes well you will have an interview with the campus director.

Interview Question – What is your worst Attribute?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Admissions Representative

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2014.

Interview Details – Time from submitting an application to receiving an interview was brief. Interview lasted roughly an hour and a half. "Standard" interview situation. Questions mostly based on specific situations, actions, times when, etc. Disinterest and reluctance on part of interviewer to respond to / respond fully to questions I posed as a candidate.

Interview Question – There wasn't a most difficult question, but it was unexpected that there would be so many (pages of them).   View Answer

Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview by the Director of Admissions and interviewed by her and the Director of ITT Technical Institute. I asked what was the next step and was told the background check would be next, and I was basically offered the position there ant then. I interview very well, and was overqualified for the position.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty easy for me, but I am in sales, and am used to talking to many people, none of the questions were hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and had to go through a background check, was offered a salary based on my recent positions. the most difficult part was reporting my income since I was commission/self employed.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – standard application: applied online, scheduled 1st interview with Director of Recruitment, then 2nd interview with campus Director, and should you be hired - a ton of hr paperwork. At the time, I was given a call right before the new year in 2006 rolling into 2007. The director of recruitment ask if I was still available and scheduled an interview date and time. I flew in from the San Francisco immediately. I have to say that I was informed regarding my general duties. A few days into training, I realized that I was in a sales environment.

Interview Question – Why I was considering moving to Seattle from the San Francisco Bay Area? The director at the time was very curious as to why I was willing to take a pay cut from my current job and relocate to Washington State.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face-to-face, back ground check, meeting with director of college, hired.
The phone interview is not bad, they just ask you the basic questions.
The face-to-face are more situation type questions.
The face-to-face with director is more situation type questions.

**Make sure that you ask questions about the campus and such!

Interview Question – There is alot of cold calling despite what they say   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary rage....

Admissions Representative

Interview Details – Full of misleading information. They give you one job description and you'll end up doing something totally different. Its a complete sham. Don't let them trick you. You'll work every weekend, many nights, and holidays doing thankless work that in next to impossible to meet their expectations. If you have a life, real ambition, or a conscience don't do it.

Interview Question – Do you have the stomach to force disadvantaged people to do something they don't want to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Admissions Recruiter
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2013.

Interview Details – You do a brief phone interview, then you go in and meet with the Campus Director and the Director of Recruitment. If they like you, they send you a link to do the wonderlic test, and background screen. This is the part that takes forever to get back. 30 plus days unitl you hear one way or another.

Interview Question – If you have been in this industry, its a cake walk. If you have been in sales, you should be good. If you are at an entry-level, may need to research this career field first.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told you one thing, then you show up on your first day and find out its significantly less. When you ask why, they give you some lame answer.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!