ITT Technical Institute

2.5

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2011.

I was called by the director who asked if I was interested in the position. I told her I was interested, and she emailed a test. I passed the wonderlic test, and I came to a group orientation. When I arrived for the group orientation, the director told all of the applicants to follow her to a computer lab. I was really surprised by the director because she was a very young and attractive woman (probably 25 years old). She was dressed professionally. She graduated in three years with a Bachelor of Science from a University that I have never even heard of, and she majored in a subject I never even knew existed. At that age, it shocked me that she was already a director. But there was a good chance that she was with the company for four years. There were some refreshments during the group orientation, but they were dreadful. The group orientation involved the director and her colleagues giving a presentation about the company. Then, they asked if there were questions. The group orientation involved two tests: wonderlic and personality. There is a time limit on the wonderlic test; the personality test is untimed. The final part was a face to face 5 minute interview with the director. During the interview, I was told if the company was interested, I would be contacted. The results of the tests were available to the company the next day, so I am presuming I failed the tests. Albeit I contacted the director after taking the tests, the director never contacted me for a second interview. They measure the wonderlic by the number of questions you answered correctly. If you answered 15 out of 50 correct, then that is equivalent to answering 15 out of 30 correct. The vocabulary questions were rudimentary because it involved comprehending the meaning of words. Nevertheless, there were questions about shapes and math that were absurd. My biggest gripes are the tests. All of the tests were completely irrelevant to the job description. How does answering a word problem about velocity of a train or analyzing multiple graphs prepare you for this job? These tests should never be used a barometer to measure how well you can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you succeed in this position? How would you translate your previous work experience to this position? What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Educational Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2010.

Rediculously drawn out interview process. I had multiple phone interviews, group interviews, and 1:1 interviews with a number of different people who were never clear on the next step in the process or when a decision would be made. I was told a final decision would be made multiple times more than 2 months before final decision was actually made.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that you believe will prepare you for this career?   Answer Question
    Non-existent. All decisions come down from corporate and your input means nothing. Don't expect calling and requesting an update on status to warrant any results. Chances are the person who interviewed you has no idea where your application stands.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

it's very tedious and if you are looking for a job right away if you do not pass the personality test to company standard, the IQ test to company standard and have a clean background, including DUI's you will have a hard time getting hired quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The test was a little much because you have to take it twice, one version at home and another when they call you in for an interview.   Answer Question
    It was horrible I asked for the salary I was making previously at another company and I was told that it was too much.

Director of Career Services In Albany NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2014.

Worst phone interview that I have ever had. Recruiter was rude and did not seem to know how to interview. Seemed as though he did not understand me and what I had previously done and/or accomplished in my career. I was insulted by this uneducated, boorish, individual. He did not seem to understand that he was the first person that I encountered at this company, and that he should he aware that his attitude was very unprofessional. He was a poor excuse for a company representative!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not well thought out. Recruiter seemed impatient and stated that he wanted me to sell him. I mentioned that things were not going well, and he agreed. I then told him I was no longer interested and hung up.   View Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Detailed process including a ten minute presentation on a desired subject of your choosing in front of a panel of upper management, student chairs, associated instructors. I had the opportunity to present a portion of an actual presentation that I gave at Stanford University. I went in with confidence and was well prepared for the engagement.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected and answered with confidence   Answer Question
    Minimal

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Questions
    • This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Process included two phone interviews, three in-person interviews (one with all the local managers individually, and one with the campus director). Having the multiple individual interviews wit the local managers was very helpful as it gave me a sense of what each department looked for in an employee and gave me the opportunity to highlight how I could fill the role in each area.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to explain how to tie your shoes. This is one of those questions you don't expect and actually take some thinking on the fly to walk someone through the process. The question was used to gauge my ability to give direction, remain calm under pressure, and my attention to detail.   Answer Question
    Don't try to negotiate. Typically, offers are generated by HQ and the local level leadership has no authority to negotiate.

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in January 2014.

Need to take a personality questionnaire/test, meet with DOR and President

turn over

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

I went for an interview with the Chair of the department. Then a second interview with the Dean. Finally, I completed a mock presentation for about 15-20 minutes. It is not difficult but it is tedious.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard and predicted. Most questions are already answered with a good resume.   Answer Question

I had family issues and may request an opportunity later.

Dean of Academic Affairs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2009.

The hiring process was lengthy but very complete. Each person involved were professional and courteous. The hiring process allowed you to be yourself and they did not make you nervous.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a case-study type question involving student issues.   Answer Question
    They were open and easy to negotiate with when I came to salary. They were open to my needs and met my requested salary