ITT Technical Institute

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – it's very tedious and if you are looking for a job right away if you do not pass the personality test to company standard, the IQ test to company standard and have a clean background, including DUI's you will have a hard time getting hired quickly.

Interview Question – The test was a little much because you have to take it twice, one version at home and another when they call you in for an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was horrible I asked for the salary I was making previously at another company and I was told that it was too much.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the director who asked if I was interested in the position. I told her I was interested, and she emailed a test. I passed the wonderlic test, and I came to a group orientation. When I arrived for the group orientation, the director told all of the applicants to follow her to a computer lab. I was really surprised by the director because she was a very young and attractive woman (probably 25 years old). She was dressed professionally. She graduated in three years with a Bachelor of Science from a University that I have never even heard of, and she majored in a subject I never even knew existed. At that age, it shocked me that she was already a director. But there was a good chance that she was with the company for four years. There were some refreshments during the group orientation, but they were dreadful. The group orientation involved the director and her colleagues giving a presentation about the company. Then, they asked if there were questions. The group orientation involved two tests: wonderlic and personality. There is a time limit on the wonderlic test; the personality test is untimed. The final part was a face to face 5 minute interview with the director. During the interview, I was told if the company was interested, I would be contacted. The results of the tests were available to the company the next day, so I am presuming I failed the tests. Albeit I contacted the director after taking the tests, the director never contacted me for a second interview. They measure the wonderlic by the number of questions you answered correctly. If you answered 15 out of 50 correct, then that is equivalent to answering 15 out of 30 correct. The vocabulary questions were rudimentary because it involved comprehending the meaning of words. Nevertheless, there were questions about shapes and math that were absurd. My biggest gripes are the tests. All of the tests were completely irrelevant to the job description. How does answering a word problem about velocity of a train or analyzing multiple graphs prepare you for this job? These tests should never be used a barometer to measure how well you can do the job.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed in this position? How would you translate your previous work experience to this position? What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Educational Recruiter Interview

Educational Recruiter
Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2010.

Interview Details – Rediculously drawn out interview process. I had multiple phone interviews, group interviews, and 1:1 interviews with a number of different people who were never clear on the next step in the process or when a decision would be made. I was told a final decision would be made multiple times more than 2 months before final decision was actually made.

Interview Question – What skills do you have that you believe will prepare you for this career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. All decisions come down from corporate and your input means nothing. Don't expect calling and requesting an update on status to warrant any results. Chances are the person who interviewed you has no idea where your application stands.

Educational Recruiter Interview

Educational Recruiter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by an invitation to visit the campus. One on one interviews by Director of Recruiting, one of the current education recruiters, and the Campus Director. The one on one interviewers have a number of questions to ask related to previous experiences: Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss on an important matter and how you handled it. Some also have a group interview with all the recruiters. Then took the Wonderlic assessment for skills and intelligence to do the job. Background check is quite extensive because of the industry and state requirements. Corporate also reviews each applicant and does background check.

Interview Question – How would you handle someone who cusses you out when you call?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. Depending on your previous experience they may (if it's low) give you a lower salary than is the standard. I was at the top and there was nothing to negotiate.

Representative Interview

Representative
Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – For this position ITT is looking for goal oriented personalities and ability to work well with others; natural positive outlook and have an ability to get past difficulties or snags, make an adjustment and move on. Truly believe that you are making a difference and changing lives. There are several questions that strongly lean toward being a team player.

Interview Question – If you have a report due now and a student needs your assistance, which would you choose first.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made based on my experience and abilities.

Dean Interview

Dean

I applied online and interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Extensive, very detailed, multi-tiered.

Interview Question – Numerous behavioral questions and experiential examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation and lied to about salary and benefits, twice. Always given less than offered but at last minute.

Dean of Academic Affairs Interview

Dean of Academic Affairs

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was lengthy but very complete. Each person involved were professional and courteous. The hiring process allowed you to be yourself and they did not make you nervous.

Interview Question – I was asked a case-study type question involving student issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were open and easy to negotiate with when I came to salary. They were open to my needs and met my requested salary

Director of Admissions Interview

Director of Admissions
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

Interview Details – Fair, structured and professional. At minimum four phone interviews and one in -person interview at the campus.

Interview Question – They ask several scenario based questions relating to previous performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and reasonable.

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Question – This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Process included two phone interviews, three in-person interviews (one with all the local managers individually, and one with the campus director). Having the multiple individual interviews wit the local managers was very helpful as it gave me a sense of what each department looked for in an employee and gave me the opportunity to highlight how I could fill the role in each area.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was to explain how to tie your shoes. This is one of those questions you don't expect and actually take some thinking on the fly to walk someone through the process. The question was used to gauge my ability to give direction, remain calm under pressure, and my attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't try to negotiate. Typically, offers are generated by HQ and the local level leadership has no authority to negotiate.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!