ITT Technical Institute

Getting the Interview

136 candidate interviews

Representative Interview

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter and scheduled an appointment for 3:30. I arrived ten minutes early and was told the person interviewing me would be meeting me shortly. So I sat, and sat, and sat in the lobby until finally I looked at my phone and discovered that it was 3:55. I was very angry at this point, because it is extremely unprofessional to have someone sit and wait this long. At this point, I told the receptionist that I am leaving and of course, in walks the person I am supposed to be meeting for an interview. I explain to him that I can no longer wait because I have waited for half an hour. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. I will not be going back to interview because if this is how I am introduced to this company, I can not imagine working with people who are so rude and inconsiderate. So no thank you, what a great first impression. If the reviews on glass door and my experience do no scare you away, I do not know what will.

Interview Question – Did not get to this portion of interview   Answer Question

Adjunct Auto-Cadd Instructor Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – I have applied to this position several times over the last two years, at several different campuses, I have been send to a secondary site to answer pointed questions each time I have applied, and I have NEVER received any notification that I even applied to the positions.

Interview Question – Highest Degree ( BS Required - with no teaching experience asked for)   View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – How do u rate against top competitors in your field   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – The interviewing process was very fast, only about 20 minutes or less, and they seemed to just be hurrying things along to fill the position as quickly as possible. I went for a second interview a few days later and was offered the job the day after. When I asked what the pay was she couldn't even tell me until after my background check was completed! It took them 5 days to try to complete my background check and i was asked to do all the legwork for it because they were somehow calling the wrong people or getting me mixed up with someone else's work history. When I was finally asked to find paycheck stubs from 7 years ago just to prove the correct dates that I worked and they started getting very snotty with me i told them to forget it and that I was no longer interested in the position. What a joke the whole process was!

Interview Question – They asked me if I could start working sooner than two weeks and completely up and leave my current employer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The insulting background check as previously stated and the fact that they couldn't even tell me what the pay was.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – Basically, don't have anything bad to say about this company. Great experience and the people are awesome too. I recommend the job to anyone new in the industry. The training is really great also. You'll have a great time and get best of the best industry training.

Interview Question – To move up in the industry, it's nearly impossible. There's a lot of overhead and the pay is going to be less than competitive to do what you want to do. Everything is extremely monitored, you'll feel like a caged animal working in those cubicles too.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple, just a letter and accept.

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Community Relations Specialist

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – Interview with campus then phone interview with headquarters

Interview Question – Understand for-profit schools and the challenges they face.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are have rang that they are able to offer. They can not offer higher paid then the range set by headquarters.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

Interviewed at ITT Technical Institute

Interview Details – I applied on line and was asked to complete some questionnaire. I got a phone call after a month for initial interview. I was interviewed by Dean and Associate Dean and asked for teach out a week later. I was told there would be several audiences at teach out but at that day only Associate Dean showed up. It was possible due to some conflicts but I am not sure. Then I was told I would need background check from HR and this check can only be done with a month of hiring.

Interview Question – Basically all questions were related to teaching such as previous teaching experience, how to motivate students, how to deal with student's absence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Library Assistant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Phone interview, physical interview, background check

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward and at no point did I feel like I was in any danger of losing the job offer. The most difficult question was "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer" So nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were none

Senior Representatiave Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Recruited by Director: quick and easy process

Negotiation Details – no negotation

Associate Dean Interview

Interview Details – Three phone interviews and one brief face to face

Interview Question – Prepared to handle violent students?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute interview questions and advice. All 136 interview reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees and interview candidates.