ITT Technical Institute

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
141 candidate interviews

Admissions Representative

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2014.

Interview Details – Time from submitting an application to receiving an interview was brief. Interview lasted roughly an hour and a half. "Standard" interview situation. Questions mostly based on specific situations, actions, times when, etc. Disinterest and reluctance on part of interviewer to respond to / respond fully to questions I posed as a candidate.

Interview Question – There wasn't a most difficult question, but it was unexpected that there would be so many (pages of them).   View Answer

Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview by the Director of Admissions and interviewed by her and the Director of ITT Technical Institute. I asked what was the next step and was told the background check would be next, and I was basically offered the position there ant then. I interview very well, and was overqualified for the position.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty easy for me, but I am in sales, and am used to talking to many people, none of the questions were hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and had to go through a background check, was offered a salary based on my recent positions. the most difficult part was reporting my income since I was commission/self employed.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – standard application: applied online, scheduled 1st interview with Director of Recruitment, then 2nd interview with campus Director, and should you be hired - a ton of hr paperwork. At the time, I was given a call right before the new year in 2006 rolling into 2007. The director of recruitment ask if I was still available and scheduled an interview date and time. I flew in from the San Francisco immediately. I have to say that I was informed regarding my general duties. A few days into training, I realized that I was in a sales environment.

Interview Question – Why I was considering moving to Seattle from the San Francisco Bay Area? The director at the time was very curious as to why I was willing to take a pay cut from my current job and relocate to Washington State.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face-to-face, back ground check, meeting with director of college, hired.
The phone interview is not bad, they just ask you the basic questions.
The face-to-face are more situation type questions.
The face-to-face with director is more situation type questions.

**Make sure that you ask questions about the campus and such!

Interview Question – There is alot of cold calling despite what they say   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary rage....

Admissions Representative

Interview Details – Full of misleading information. They give you one job description and you'll end up doing something totally different. Its a complete sham. Don't let them trick you. You'll work every weekend, many nights, and holidays doing thankless work that in next to impossible to meet their expectations. If you have a life, real ambition, or a conscience don't do it.

Interview Question – Do you have the stomach to force disadvantaged people to do something they don't want to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Admissions Recruiter
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2013.

Interview Details – You do a brief phone interview, then you go in and meet with the Campus Director and the Director of Recruitment. If they like you, they send you a link to do the wonderlic test, and background screen. This is the part that takes forever to get back. 30 plus days unitl you hear one way or another.

Interview Question – If you have been in this industry, its a cake walk. If you have been in sales, you should be good. If you are at an entry-level, may need to research this career field first.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told you one thing, then you show up on your first day and find out its significantly less. When you ask why, they give you some lame answer.

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call to come interview the following week. I interviewed first with the Librarian, and from what I gathered, there was a large pool of applicants---only 3 were selected to interview with the Dean, myself being one. I wasn't offered the position. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question came from the 2nd interview with the Dean--he asked about my sorority involvement (it was only briefly listed on my resume so it threw me off). Other than that typical interview questions: 3 adj. to describe yourself, what do you know about itt tech, what challenges have you faced in a work environment and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Higher Education Community Representative Interview

Higher Education Community Representative
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Called me to come in for an interview, which ended up being for a position I didn't apply for. Put me through an initial interview, along with an additional one where I needed to present to a group of about 6 people. After that, I was called, offered the position, and told that my offer letter would be emailed to me by the day's end. It was two days after that (and multiple calls made to the director that offered me the job) when I was finally told he made a mistake and offered me the job without getting the OK from the corporate office, which told him that I didn't have enough sales experience for the position.

Interview Question – Create a presentation for an example classroom of students about the change in higher education from the past to present.   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Question – This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Adjunct Auto-Cadd Instructor Interview

Adjunct Auto-Cadd Instructor
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – I have applied to this position several times over the last two years, at several different campuses, I have been send to a secondary site to answer pointed questions each time I have applied, and I have NEVER received any notification that I even applied to the positions.

Interview Question – Highest Degree ( BS Required - with no teaching experience asked for)   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute interview questions and advice. All 141 interview reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees and interview candidates.