ITT Technical Institute

2.5

Director of Career Services In Albany NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2014.

Worst phone interview that I have ever had. Recruiter was rude and did not seem to know how to interview. Seemed as though he did not understand me and what I had previously done and/or accomplished in my career. I was insulted by this uneducated, boorish, individual. He did not seem to understand that he was the first person that I encountered at this company, and that he should he aware that his attitude was very unprofessional. He was a poor excuse for a company representative!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not well thought out. Recruiter seemed impatient and stated that he wanted me to sell him. I mentioned that things were not going well, and he agreed. I then told him I was no longer interested and hung up.   View Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview process was relaxed and comfortable. I was given the jump drive with all curriculum, quizzes, and tests. The interview questions were not difficult as I had more questions than the interviewers.

Non negotiable

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online through indeed. I was called and asked to apply through the website. After that I was given instruction to take the assessment and then called for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges would they face with me as an employee   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview was typical. First portion was a screening company asking a set of questions online; second part was in person interview, including a short "demonstrate teach."

The curriculum for each class is pre-set and includes PPs, handouts, and graded activities for each chapter. The grade book is set to record each assignment from the syllabus, so you have no opportunity to pick and choose topics / assignments according to class composition. It is often very hard to present the certain material to the wide range of academic levels and abilities within the student body. Some students can barely read, some feel the assignments are too easy and get frustrated that they are required to complete such primary work. Since you, the instructor, is evaluated on attendance, you must find a way to make sure each student finds value in coming to class each week.

Peer tutoring is not readily accepted by many of the the advanced students because they feel they are not advancing their knowledge. Sometimes peer teaching reinforces learning for the advanced students, but in many cases I have found the academic divide too great and shared their frustration. My solution to the problem has been to create enrichment activities with enough direction for the more advanced students that would not distract me from the teaching and helping those students working on the required assignments by the other students.

I often find myself walking the fine line of using classroom management and human psychology to keep the class feeling united.

Being an adjunct means that you are only there for your class time and that limits your opportunity of meeting other staff members. It can provide a sense of freedom, but it can also contribute to obstacles in collaboration with fellow colleagues and support staff.

Finally, being an adjunct means you never know whether you are teaching a class until a few days before the quarter begins. In addition, the Department Chairs have recently been required to increase their teaching loads and that has reduced the number of adjunct jobs.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected, I was asked if I could work mornings, afternoons and/or evenings.   View Answer
    Given the uncertainty of getting a class for the term and low pay of $24-28 an hour (excluding time for preparation / creation of special assignments / grading, copying handouts [copier always breaking down], making weekly phone calls to each absent student, completing 2 mandatory online classes for continuing education each term and attending at least 2 faculty meetings per quarter), I would recommend this job as a hobby or an outlet for community service, not as a money maker.

Admissions Representative Interview

you first have to pass an online skills assesment. You will then have an interview with the director of recruitment. If the first interview goes well you will have an interview with the campus director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Detailed process including a ten minute presentation on a desired subject of your choosing in front of a panel of upper management, student chairs, associated instructors. I had the opportunity to present a portion of an actual presentation that I gave at Stanford University. I went in with confidence and was well prepared for the engagement.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected and answered with confidence   Answer Question
    Minimal

Career Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Quick interview process. Phone screen one day, two days later in person interview with Director and another employee. Two days later interview with a Manager, followed by another phone interview with headquarters. Simple process from application, personality screening, to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about placement activity, relationships with employers, and general/typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    I was offered a rate. I negotiated and was met in the middle.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

there was an introduction interview to speak of the job in detail and then and ital interview with management, there was a few days while waiting for decision then I received a call with the offer.

very fair with management

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2014.

Time from submitting an application to receiving an interview was brief. Interview lasted roughly an hour and a half. "Standard" interview situation. Questions mostly based on specific situations, actions, times when, etc. Disinterest and reluctance on part of interviewer to respond to / respond fully to questions I posed as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a most difficult question, but it was unexpected that there would be so many (pages of them).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

standard application: applied online, scheduled 1st interview with Director of Recruitment, then 2nd interview with campus Director, and should you be hired - a ton of hr paperwork. At the time, I was given a call right before the new year in 2006 rolling into 2007. The director of recruitment ask if I was still available and scheduled an interview date and time. I flew in from the San Francisco immediately. I have to say that I was informed regarding my general duties. A few days into training, I realized that I was in a sales environment.

Interview Questions
    • Why I was considering moving to Seattle from the San Francisco Bay Area? The director at the time was very curious as to why I was willing to take a pay cut from my current job and relocate to Washington State.   View Answer
    None.