ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an phone interview. Afterwhich, a in person interview was required. During that time potential instructors were required to prepare a ten minute teaching presentation on a subject of your choice. Then a Q&A session was held. Finally you received feedback from the interview panel and things you did well and things that you could improve upon if this was a real class setting. After the presentation/interview, it took several weeks to receive a decision from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

It started out with a 30 min phone call, and then the interview was scheduled. The interview was a group interview, which was somethjng I'd never done. It was where all the candidates sat in a room with the DOR, Registrar and Career Services person and they asked each person certain questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a time you felt with an upset customer? Tell me a time that you took charge or went above and beyond in your work place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did a background check and I asked for my salary and was given the amount based on my previous salaries.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

HR phone interview then campus director phone interview, in person interview, last district manager phone interview Turn around was very quick with moving through interview process. One of the best and easiest interviews I have gone on.

Negotiation

not allowed to negotiate

College Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Springfield, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Submit online resume, very simple process. 2. Respond to brief phone interview with corporate HR representative. 3. Two hour onsite interview with regional director reviewing work history and accomplishments, touring the facility, and learning about the company and role. 4 Comprehensive online personality and behavioral testing including several analytical tools. 5. Follow up phone interview with a contract firm relative to testing to review and validate the results. 6. Schedule an interview with the corporate office, to include interviews with several of the corporate executives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The hiring process took a little more than two months and I was already in the system. Everyone I talked to was extremely pleasant and inviting. The questions were normal, nothing to difficult or unexpected. Once I was offered the position It took about a semester to finish all of the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Trying to condense a class into a 10 minute block was a struggle both times. Timing is everything, but busting the clock isn't a killer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because this was essentially my first teaching job so I was just happy to be on a staff.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

Very good, very honest and thorough. There is a teach back session involved where you technical and teaching skills are assessed. Usually done the same day as the interview. The faculty are very friendly, professional and direct. They made clear potential difficulties with the job to ensure you know what to expect. However hours and non-class duties where not disclosed until work began.

Interview Questions

• What strategies would you use to increase student retention?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

I was called at 7:38pm for a phone interview which ended at little after 8:30pm. The face to face interview was average with behavioral based questions regarding various work situations. Afterwards, We discussed my big plans for Thanksgiving weekend as filler chatter. I was asked to complete background check and invited back for an interview with campus president the week after since it was a holiday. I was later sent an email asked to come in the day after thxgiving. (After they were well aware I would be unavaible and had family plans as per the discussion) and then to return on that Saturday. There were emails that kept saying urgent and asap, need to get you in here. Although I am flattered that they wanted to hire me I was completely turned off by the lack of respect for work life balance. If this is the interview process what would it be like if I were an employee? I decided not to move forward. I've work for many companies that are productive I'm willing to work evening and weekend hours but this was BlATENT. Upon further research I saw the BBB accreditation revoked as well a cfpb pending lawsuit and other unethical issues. I cannot work for a company that operates like that.

Interview Questions

Pending lawsuits CFPB, no BBB accreditation, bad student reviews, no respect for work life balance, office environment not even normal size cube, there were seats next to each other 3x3 no half walls, that is uncomfortable

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in December 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview and I did not get the initial position I interviewed for. They called me back in the next few quarters for a follow up interview for a position I was better qualified for, and I re-interviewed successfully.

Interview Questions

• experiences in a teaching environment, work history, why I felt teaching was an opportunity I would pursue.   1 Answer

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Called in to interview and was taken on tour of school. Introduced to the staff and felt welcome. Not much training for the position and often management doesn't know much about anything.

Interview Questions

• What is one time when you were forced to make a decision that you knew would not help a student,   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2014.

Interview

First you submit an application online, then they call for a phone interview with director of recruiting. If she likes you you do a second in person interview. At this point if she likes you she will schedule you with the director, although that's more of a formality. All situational based questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation