ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Interview was typical. First portion was a screening company asking a set of questions online; second part was in person interview, including a short "demonstrate teach."

The curriculum for each class is pre-set and includes PPs, handouts, and graded activities for each chapter. The grade book is set to record each assignment from the syllabus, so you have no opportunity to pick and choose topics / assignments according to class composition. It is often very hard to present the certain material to the wide range of academic levels and abilities within the student body. Some students can barely read, some feel the assignments are too easy and get frustrated that they are required to complete such primary work. Since you, the instructor, is evaluated on attendance, you must find a way to make sure each student finds value in coming to class each week.

Peer tutoring is not readily accepted by many of the the advanced students because they feel they are not advancing their knowledge. Sometimes peer teaching reinforces learning for the advanced students, but in many cases I have found the academic divide too great and shared their frustration. My solution to the problem has been to create enrichment activities with enough direction for the more advanced students that would not distract me from the teaching and helping those students working on the required assignments by the other students.

I often find myself walking the fine line of using classroom management and human psychology to keep the class feeling united.

Being an adjunct means that you are only there for your class time and that limits your opportunity of meeting other staff members. It can provide a sense of freedom, but it can also contribute to obstacles in collaboration with fellow colleagues and support staff.

Finally, being an adjunct means you never know whether you are teaching a class until a few days before the quarter begins. In addition, the Department Chairs have recently been required to increase their teaching loads and that has reduced the number of adjunct jobs.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected, I was asked if I could work mornings, afternoons and/or evenings.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Given the uncertainty of getting a class for the term and low pay of $24-28 an hour (excluding time for preparation / creation of special assignments / grading, copying handouts [copier always breaking down], making weekly phone calls to each absent student, completing 2 mandatory online classes for continuing education each term and attending at least 2 faculty meetings per quarter), I would recommend this job as a hobby or an outlet for community service, not as a money maker.

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

you first have to pass an online skills assesment. You will then have an interview with the director of recruitment. If the first interview goes well you will have an interview with the campus director.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Detailed process including a ten minute presentation on a desired subject of your choosing in front of a panel of upper management, student chairs, associated instructors. I had the opportunity to present a portion of an actual presentation that I gave at Stanford University. I went in with confidence and was well prepared for the engagement.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected and answered with confidence   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Interview

Quick interview process. Phone screen one day, two days later in person interview with Director and another employee. Two days later interview with a Manager, followed by another phone interview with headquarters. Simple process from application, personality screening, to offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about placement activity, relationships with employers, and general/typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a rate. I negotiated and was met in the middle.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Interview

there was an introduction interview to speak of the job in detail and then and ital interview with management, there was a few days while waiting for decision then I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very fair with management

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in June 2014.

Interview

Time from submitting an application to receiving an interview was brief. Interview lasted roughly an hour and a half. "Standard" interview situation. Questions mostly based on specific situations, actions, times when, etc. Disinterest and reluctance on part of interviewer to respond to / respond fully to questions I posed as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a most difficult question, but it was unexpected that there would be so many (pages of them).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Seattle, WA).

Interview

standard application: applied online, scheduled 1st interview with Director of Recruitment, then 2nd interview with campus Director, and should you be hired - a ton of hr paperwork. At the time, I was given a call right before the new year in 2006 rolling into 2007. The director of recruitment ask if I was still available and scheduled an interview date and time. I flew in from the San Francisco immediately. I have to say that I was informed regarding my general duties. A few days into training, I realized that I was in a sales environment.

Interview Questions

• Why I was considering moving to Seattle from the San Francisco Bay Area? The director at the time was very curious as to why I was willing to take a pay cut from my current job and relocate to Washington State.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Phone interview, face-to-face, back ground check, meeting with director of college, hired.
    The phone interview is not bad, they just ask you the basic questions.
    The face-to-face are more situation type questions.
    The face-to-face with director is more situation type questions.

**Make sure that you ask questions about the campus and such!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary rage....

Application

Interview

Full of misleading information. They give you one job description and you'll end up doing something totally different. Its a complete sham. Don't let them trick you. You'll work every weekend, many nights, and holidays doing thankless work that in next to impossible to meet their expectations. If you have a life, real ambition, or a conscience don't do it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the stomach to force disadvantaged people to do something they don't want to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Questions

• This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.