ITT Technical Institute

2.5

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in January 2014.

Need to take a personality questionnaire/test, meet with DOR and President

turn over

Records Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

was interviewed by the department head and then by the director. fairly straight forward interview process. a couple odd ball questions but nothing that threw my game off

Interview Questions
    • describe a difficult time you dealt with a customer or student and how you rectified it   Answer Question
    there wasn't.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied on line and was asked to complete some questionnaire. I got a phone call after a month for initial interview. I was interviewed by Dean and Associate Dean and asked for teach out a week later. I was told there would be several audiences at teach out but at that day only Associate Dean showed up. It was possible due to some conflicts but I am not sure. Then I was told I would need background check from HR and this check can only be done with a month of hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Basically all questions were related to teaching such as previous teaching experience, how to motivate students, how to deal with student's absence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Representatiave Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Recruited by Director: quick and easy process

no negotation

SSST Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

I was already a student worker so the process was very informal. I was asked the typical interview questions. Nothing mind boggling and nothing intrusive.

Interview Questions
    • Other than the fact of having the nerves of being in an interview, there really wasn't anything difficult about it.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in October 2013.

Applied online and it it took exactly one week to receive an e-mail from the recruiter asking me to attend a group meeting. I had to respond to the email stating that I would be attending. I attended the meeting and it was a power point presentation which they went over a few items about the school and how much it paid. We were told at least 5 times during the presentation that if we didn't want to work there, then to go ahead and leave. After the presentation, a current admissions Rep came in and walked us around the campus and then gave us a list to put our name and phone number next to a time if we wanted a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was called the next day and asked to come in for a panel interview. A panel interview is when you get interviewed by a few people at the same time. The school director, admissions rep supervisor and 3 admissions reps attended my interview. They asked basic interviews about my experience in sales and recruiting and asked several times "tell me about a time when" type of questions. The process took 3-4 weeks. I applied for the representative level and they approved me for senior representative I because of my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a task and didn't succeed. How did you overcome that experience.   View Answer
    No negotiaion. I asked for a certain amount and they approved me for it.

Campus Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in September 2013.

Was initially contacted by phone by HR Rep. Then contacted by District Manager and drove to campus for interview. Another contact by HR. Two series of online evaluations (leadership, emotional, etc.) - much of it redundant. Then phone interview with "consultant" at PRADCO. A series of interviews set up at corporate headquarters followed, including meeting with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • During online "testing/evaluation" was often given choice of two poor responses - could not move on without choosing one.   Answer Question

I was very disappointed in the offer extended (less than I made at a functional director's level) and less than the range that I was presented with at the beginning of the interview cycle by more than 15%. I know several campus directors at ITT and they were all brought in at considerably more than the offer I received. This low ball offer was made in spite of the fact that my education and experience exceeds the requirements and may have been due to my gender (female) and/or age (over 55). I really wanted to work at the ITT campus with the vacancy. I have extensive knowledge of the city, competition and issues on the campus. I believe that I could have made a significant contribution to improving the performance of this school. It was particularly disappointing because I made several personal sacrifices in order to meet the extensive interview process (4 weeks) and turned down another job offer while in the interview process with ITT. For example, I told ITT personnel that I would be out of town to attend to a class reunion in Cape Cod, and then be in upstate NY to attend to some realty business. I gave them specific times that I'd be available to take calls. They ignored this, calling me as I drove across Manhattan in rush hour traffic. I had already completed the first online assessment prior to this trip. When in Cape Cod, ITT requested that I complete a second online assessment. The first half of the second assessment was identical to the first assessment completed. This took up almost an entire work day to complete. Then, while traveling, the ITT "consultant" conducted an interview. When I completed this trip, I was contacted and told that I would be set up for interviews with corporate staff and asked what dates would work for me to fly to Indiana. I gave them available dates and also dates when I would not be available due to my work schedule and out of town travel. Of course, they went ahead and scheduled the Indiana visit while I was out of town. This meant that air travel had to be rescheduled (I was in a different city), and I had to cut my business trip short and return a day early to my original city. Because I was very interested in this position, I accepted these inconveniences. And, I really enjoyed EVERYONE I met at ITT - all were professional and pleasant. After I returned home from Indiana, I received a call from the District Manager asking me if I'd be interested in a different campus in another state. I told her that I was most interested in the position to which I had applied. Then a few days later, she called again, extending the low offer. I told her I was very disappointed as I had been asked by HR personnel if I would accept an offer 15% higher than the offer extended. She said that she'd see if there was anything she could do. I never heard from anyone at ITT again. Not a peep - which is surprising. I expected a courtesy phone call, if nothing else. Evidently, I "passed" the process as I did receive an offer. Hard not to feel deceived - as I would not have continued the interview process for the low ball salary.

Educational Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

I found the position through an online posting and was redirected to the ITT site where I was asked to complete a lengthy application. I was then contacted by the hiring manager (Director of Recruiting) who asked me to complete additional personality and intelligence assessment. After this was completed, he called to set up an in person interview later that week.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not available, hiring manager stated he did not have room to negotiate.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

First interview was a phone interview, then face-to-face with director of recruiting, then Director of the school. Open ended behavioral questions. I moved from another state my initial interview to hire process took longer (over a month). You have to submit to a background check and work verification check.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was how would I go about solving a problem, describe the process.   View Answer
    • What do you perceive this job entails?   View Answer
    • Tell a time when had to sell a product and overcome an objection.   View Answer
    I put an offer in their hiring process, they sent it to their home location, came back at $35,000. I asked for $38,000. This position is between $34,000 and $40,000. so put the highest first so if they come down to the amount you really want (basic negotiation).

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

They called and scheduled a phone interview.
    After that, they asked me in for an in-person interview and to give a presentation. I provided my own.
    Small campus - one building. I work at a medium university, so that was an adjustment.
    People were very friendly, and this area isn't well known for friendly people.
    They had me do a short presentation to gauge my comfort in front of an audience, check for clear communication capacity, and ability to answer questions.
    I filled out their background check forms, and a few weeks later, I was offered the job, and we negotiated what class and what night(s) I was available and comfortable to teach.
    Since they don't pay adjuncts very well, they have high turnover and therefore, a fairly smooth and routine process - this is good. I've had too many interviews at other places that went poorly due to the interviewer not having a clue how to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Fairly standard interview with stock questions.
      Expect all of the standard interview type questions.

Both the phone and in-person felt like more of a conversation.

Answer Question
    No negotiation for adjunct faculty.