ITT Technical Institute

135 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

SSST Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – I was already a student worker so the process was very informal. I was asked the typical interview questions. Nothing mind boggling and nothing intrusive.

Interview Question – Other than the fact of having the nerves of being in an interview, there really wasn't anything difficult about it.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 peer interview and 1 one on one interview were conducted, tour of facility, viewed classrooms, staff areas, internet cafe for students, library, etc. Was very impressed with the entire facility and the staff. Very professional.

Interview Question – Who is .......(myself)....Was not expected, but overcame! I was asked to decribe myself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple process, discussed salary requirements, background check, hiring process.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview, then face-to-face with director of recruiting, then Director of the school. Open ended behavioral questions. I moved from another state my initial interview to hire process took longer (over a month). You have to submit to a background check and work verification check.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was how would I go about solving a problem, describe the process.   View Answer
  • What do you perceive this job entails?   View Answer
  • Tell a time when had to sell a product and overcome an objection.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I put an offer in their hiring process, they sent it to their home location, came back at $35,000. I asked for $38,000. This position is between $34,000 and $40,000. so put the highest first so if they come down to the amount you really want (basic negotiation).

Very Easy Interview

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Financial Aid Coordinator
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and it took 1 week to call me for 1:1 interview. Met with the Financial Aid Director at the Orange California location. Had a 2nd interview with Campus director at the same day. The next day got an email to process my background check. The Director of Financial Aid requested my W2 and pay stub from my previous job since they could not verify my work history. Waited up to 4 weeks and still have not hear from them. Emailed the Director of Financial Aid to get an update and he let me know that he choose another candidate. I would have appreciated at least to get a phone call and email that he pick someone else. It was unprofessional experienced.

Director of Admissions Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

Interview Details – Fair, structured and professional. At minimum four phone interviews and one in -person interview at the campus.

Interview Question – They ask several scenario based questions relating to previous performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and reasonable.

Educational Representative Interview

Educational Representative
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – I found the position through an online posting and was redirected to the ITT site where I was asked to complete a lengthy application. I was then contacted by the hiring manager (Director of Recruiting) who asked me to complete additional personality and intelligence assessment. After this was completed, he called to set up an in person interview later that week.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself to be average?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not available, hiring manager stated he did not have room to negotiate.

Dean of Academic Affairs Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was lengthy but very complete. Each person involved were professional and courteous. The hiring process allowed you to be yourself and they did not make you nervous.

Interview Question – I was asked a case-study type question involving student issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were open and easy to negotiate with when I came to salary. They were open to my needs and met my requested salary

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview Details – They called and scheduled a phone interview.
After that, they asked me in for an in-person interview and to give a presentation. I provided my own.
Small campus - one building. I work at a medium university, so that was an adjustment.
People were very friendly, and this area isn't well known for friendly people.
They had me do a short presentation to gauge my comfort in front of an audience, check for clear communication capacity, and ability to answer questions.
I filled out their background check forms, and a few weeks later, I was offered the job, and we negotiated what class and what night(s) I was available and comfortable to teach.
Since they don't pay adjuncts very well, they have high turnover and therefore, a fairly smooth and routine process - this is good. I've had too many interviews at other places that went poorly due to the interviewer not having a clue how to interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Fairly standard interview with stock questions.
Expect all of the standard interview type questions.

Both the phone and in-person felt like more of a conversation.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for adjunct faculty.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions. Recruiter seemed distracted and uninterested, but I still got a follow-up interview.

Interview Question – How would you try to convince someone who has said no already to change their mind?   Answer Question

Science Instructor Adjunct Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very short phone interview. Interviewer led for the first 10-12 min, and then I asked questions for the next 8-10 min. Questions are asked following a script they have. They don't ask any more questions out of it.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation that you had with a student and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • They asked me to describe my last supervisor. I was not prepared for that but I had an idea of what to say.   Answer Question
  • What part of the job posting kept your attention, so you decided to apply for it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ITT Technical Institute