ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Phone interview, face-to-face, back ground check, meeting with director of college, hired. The phone interview is not bad, they just ask you the basic questions. The face-to-face are more situation type questions. The face-to-face with director is more situation type questions. **Make sure that you ask questions about the campus and such!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary rage....

Application

Interview

Full of misleading information. They give you one job description and you'll end up doing something totally different. Its a complete sham. Don't let them trick you. You'll work every weekend, many nights, and holidays doing thankless work that in next to impossible to meet their expectations. If you have a life, real ambition, or a conscience don't do it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the stomach to force disadvantaged people to do something they don't want to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Higher Education Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Madison, WI).

Interview

Called me to come in for an interview, which ended up being for a position I didn't apply for. Put me through an initial interview, along with an additional one where I needed to present to a group of about 6 people. After that, I was called, offered the position, and told that my offer letter would be emailed to me by the day's end. It was two days after that (and multiple calls made to the director that offered me the job) when I was finally told he made a mistake and offered me the job without getting the OK from the corporate office, which told him that I didn't have enough sales experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• Create a presentation for an example classroom of students about the change in higher education from the past to present.   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Questions

• This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Adjunct Auto-Cadd Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I have applied to this position several times over the last two years, at several different campuses, I have been send to a secondary site to answer pointed questions each time I have applied, and I have NEVER received any notification that I even applied to the positions.

Interview Questions

• Highest Degree ( BS Required - with no teaching experience asked for)   1 Answer

Representative Interview

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter and scheduled an appointment for 3:30. I arrived ten minutes early and was told the person interviewing me would be meeting me shortly. So I sat, and sat, and sat in the lobby until finally I looked at my phone and discovered that it was 3:55. I was very angry at this point, because it is extremely unprofessional to have someone sit and wait this long. At this point, I told the receptionist that I am leaving and of course, in walks the person I am supposed to be meeting for an interview. I explain to him that I can no longer wait because I have waited for half an hour. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. I will not be going back to interview because if this is how I am introduced to this company, I can not imagine working with people who are so rude and inconsiderate. So no thank you, what a great first impression. If the reviews on glass door and my experience do no scare you away, I do not know what will.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Applied online, spoke briefly with Director over the phone and had one face to face interview. The next phase was completing online application and background. Once cleared accepting offer.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the ordinary for this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. For the position that I was offered at the time I was offered the position, you either accepted or turned down the offer.

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview with campus then phone interview with headquarters

Interview Questions

• Understand for-profit schools and the challenges they face.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are have rang that they are able to offer. They can not offer higher paid then the range set by headquarters.

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

Basically, don't have anything bad to say about this company. Great experience and the people are awesome too. I recommend the job to anyone new in the industry. The training is really great also. You'll have a great time and get best of the best industry training.

Interview Questions

• To move up in the industry, it's nearly impossible. There's a lot of overhead and the pay is going to be less than competitive to do what you want to do. Everything is extremely monitored, you'll feel like a caged animal working in those cubicles too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, just a letter and accept.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Process included two phone interviews, three in-person interviews (one with all the local managers individually, and one with the campus director). Having the multiple individual interviews wit the local managers was very helpful as it gave me a sense of what each department looked for in an employee and gave me the opportunity to highlight how I could fill the role in each area.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain how to tie your shoes. This is one of those questions you don't expect and actually take some thinking on the fly to walk someone through the process. The question was used to gauge my ability to give direction, remain calm under pressure, and my attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't try to negotiate. Typically, offers are generated by HQ and the local level leadership has no authority to negotiate.