ITT Technical Institute

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2011.

I was called by the director who asked if I was interested in the position. I told her I was interested, and she emailed a test. I passed the wonderlic test, and I came to a group orientation. When I arrived for the group orientation, the director told all of the applicants to follow her to a computer lab. I was really surprised by the director because she was a very young and attractive woman (probably 25 years old). She was dressed professionally. She graduated in three years with a Bachelor of Science from a University that I have never even heard of, and she majored in a subject I never even knew existed. At that age, it shocked me that she was already a director. But there was a good chance that she was with the company for four years. There were some refreshments during the group orientation, but they were dreadful. The group orientation involved the director and her colleagues giving a presentation about the company. Then, they asked if there were questions. The group orientation involved two tests: wonderlic and personality. There is a time limit on the wonderlic test; the personality test is untimed. The final part was a face to face 5 minute interview with the director. During the interview, I was told if the company was interested, I would be contacted. The results of the tests were available to the company the next day, so I am presuming I failed the tests. Albeit I contacted the director after taking the tests, the director never contacted me for a second interview. They measure the wonderlic by the number of questions you answered correctly. If you answered 15 out of 50 correct, then that is equivalent to answering 15 out of 30 correct. The vocabulary questions were rudimentary because it involved comprehending the meaning of words. Nevertheless, there were questions about shapes and math that were absurd. My biggest gripes are the tests. All of the tests were completely irrelevant to the job description. How does answering a word problem about velocity of a train or analyzing multiple graphs prepare you for this job? These tests should never be used a barometer to measure how well you can do the job.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you succeed in this position? How would you translate your previous work experience to this position? What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2010.

First they invite you to take an online reasoning test which reminded me of the SAT's. It wasn't too difficult though. They have a quick turnaround and two days later I was sent an email asking me to come for an interview. They take you to a small room with a computer and then you take a personality test and another reasoning test. I was informed that I would hear back from them by tomorrow. No call, nothing. I guess I must have been too honest on my personality test since I passed the first reasoning test and also found the second reasoning test to be on the same level of difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • The personality test asks that you check all the attributes you feel the "ideal" candidate would have. Then it has another section where it asks you to check all of your attributes.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in November 2009.

I was called later in the eve and an interview was set. I went in spoke to the person hiring for the position and also met with the campus director. I was asked if I could take a skills and personality assessment. The assessment had math problems and about 80 personality questions. Some of the questions were asking if I thought most people were good and honest and other strange questions like if Jake is a teacher and all teachers are good does that mean that Jake is good.

The people who were there working seemed to be happy. The hours are kind of late. 3 late nights per week until about 8:30-9pm and every other Saturday. But if you wanted to show that you were a hard worker and were trying to hit your numbers you would be looked at as a better employee if you worked every Saturday or came in on your days off to hit your goals.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem working Saturdays if you are not on the schedule?   Answer Question
    • Do you mind staying late if it is your early day to get off so late night calls can be made?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ITT Technical Institute in November 2009.

Took a wonderlic test to get the initial interview

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to transition from emploment recruitment to educational recruitment?   View Answer