Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ITT Technical Institute
- Admissions Representative (40)
- Adjunct Instructor (32)
- Educational Recruiter (15)
- Financial Aid Coordinator (7)
- Library Assistant (5)
- Instructor (5)
- Recruiter (4)
- Registrar (4)
- Student Representative (4)
- Director of Career Services (4)
- Career Services Specialist (4)
- Management Trainee (3)
- Dean (3)
- Educational Representative (3)
- Representative (3)
- Admission Representative (3)
- College Director (3)
- Community Relations Specialist (2)
- Associate Dean (2)
- Adjunct Professor (2)
- Systems Support Technician (2)
- Librarian (2)
- Financial Aid Counselor (2)
- Records Coordinator (1)
- FAA (1)
- Financial Aid Administrator (1)
- Dean of Academic Affairs (1)
- Director of Admissions (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Career Services (1)
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix, AZ).
Interview process had nothing at all to do with ascertaining abilities for job. Company is more interested in what you will do for them. Was interview by two managers who openly admitted they knew nothing about the job for which I was applying for.
- Tell me about a failure you experienced and what you did to correct it. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Offer was an insult and nowhere near commensurate with what duties and responsibilities company expected in return. Very skewed effort/reward system, in favor of company.
Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute
Registrar InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Bradenton, FL) in August 2011.
The hiring and interview process begins by submitting and online application. The Campus Director contacted me after the application was reviewed and an initial phone interview (about 30 minutes) was conducted. Afterwards, an on-campus visit as scheduled and an interview with the Campus Director and Dean was done (approximately 2 hours). Once completed, a background check authorization and second application for employment was sent via email to be completed. In addition, a phone interview was scheduled with the National Registrar and lasted about 1 hour.
ITT was not open to salary negotiations. They have a standard salary bracket for each position based on location and student enrollment.
Registrar InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.
I initially started as a Management Trainee. The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had two phone interviews, one with a HQ recruiter, another with the campus director. The phone interviews were typical. They asked about my education, my strengths and weaknesses. They asked about my activities and work experience. Then I was asked to have a in-person interview with the campus director. The in-face interview was more of a introduction then anything else. The director told me about himself and asked me a few personality-related questions. I'm sure this is different with each director. I was hired soon after.
- I remember I told them about my college-related activites, specifically my club related positions. They wanted me to define my roles in each of the student organizations I was involved with. Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate.
Registrar InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.
ITT uses a website managed by another company for their position applications. The site doesn't even allow for a cover letter, which is absurd for a position such as registrar. Anyway, I finally got an interview only by using connections and resourcefulness (i.e., sleuthing out the hiring manager's email address myself; the ITT website is useless for this, probably by design).
- There wasn't anything difficult or unexpected. We both knew I know more about the field than the hiring manager. Answer Question