ITT Technical Institute Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Representative Interview

I received a call from a recruiter and scheduled an appointment for 3:30. I arrived ten minutes early and was told the person interviewing me would be meeting me shortly. So I sat, and sat, and sat in the lobby until finally I looked at my phone and discovered that it was 3:55. I was very angry at this point, because it is extremely unprofessional to have someone sit and wait this long. At this point, I told the receptionist that I am leaving and of course, in walks the person I am supposed to be meeting for an interview. I explain to him that I can no longer wait because I have waited for half an hour. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. I will not be going back to interview because if this is how I am introduced to this company, I can not imagine working with people who are so rude and inconsiderate. So no thank you, what a great first impression. If the reviews on glass door and my experience do no scare you away, I do not know what will.

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

For this position ITT is looking for goal oriented personalities and ability to work well with others; natural positive outlook and have an ability to get past difficulties or snags, make an adjustment and move on. Truly believe that you are making a difference and changing lives. There are several questions that strongly lean toward being a team player.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a report due now and a student needs your assistance, which would you choose first.   Answer Question
    Offer was made based on my experience and abilities.

Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in March 2012.

I applied for a HR job with ITT Tech. I apparently didn't get it (no response), but they used that to take my info and contacted me for the "representative" position. Don't let the name fool you; this is a cold-calling position. It is actually a job where one spends all day facing a wall with a computer and a head set calling people whose information has been sold to this "college," which by the way, is in a strip mall. The people you're calling are not interested in a $50k associate's degree. The hours are total garbage. 9-6, 10-7, and 12-9 six days a week. If you're thinking the compensation is worth it, think again. You only make this fictional 35k/yr if you have "2+ years relevant experience," which, unless you've been cold-calling for some other strip-mall college for 2+ years, you don't have. I went in for a "group interview" with the only other sucker they convinced to show. We were each asked how we applied for the job. Not surprisingly, neither of us even had. We were also asked why we wanted the job. I choked out some bull about helping potential students get onto the right career path. I was called in for a second interview with the same woman who interviewed us. She showed up almost an hour late and had me wait in the lobby an additional 25 minutes while she loudly gossipped in the hall. Needless to say, my hatred of this place over-rode my desire for a job, and I did not take it.

Interview Questions

It is a horrible job that no one in his/her right mind would ever want, and the supervisor is a lazy liar.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!