ITV Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ITV in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called for interview. Easy interview, despite having 4 years experience doing the job in another major company and being told by ITV themselves that I had excellent skills for the job. I didnt get it. The role was online for 5 days too. You had to be checking regulary to notice it or be working there already.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Met directly with senior designer and team lead. Very friendly and accommodating. Mostly interested in portfolio, skills and personality match. Covered the usual design tasks, software skills, job requirements, ability to manage projects from brief to fulfilment and work with multitude of internal and external clients and stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, standard design, software, team work questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated through recruiter, happy with fair offer.

Senior Systems Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Cross, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ITV (Kings Cross, England (UK)).

Interview

One written interview (questions below)

One phone interview, usual chat about my CV and why I was leaving my current role and why I like testing.

One interview in person in their London offices near Kings Cross.

Interviewer was a woman who took a lot of time telling me how tired/stressed she was. As the interview went on, she also told me how much work she had to do more than once.

Then, to my surprise, she mocked the person who had her role before her and went on to talk disparagingly of other candidates for turning up late, being nervous etc. I was hoping she did it to relax me but afterwards I think she did it because she is not a very sympathetic person.

More questions about my background but I found it hard to engage with her and felt it was hard to hold her attention. She played a lot with her clothes and hair as well as looking out the glass windows to the atrium below.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ITV?   1 Answer
    • What is TDD from a manual perspective?   1 Answer
    • How would you test something in a hurry in a few hours before it went live to production or out to a TV audience?   1 Answer
    • A very pointed question about how I would measure my fluency in English   1 Answer
    • Please tell us why you chose to become a tester (written interview question)
      Why are manhole covers round? (written interview question)

1 Answer

I did not like the interviewer. I felt I was offered the job as just a number and none of my 4 years of testing experience was taken into consideration. I was also promised feedback on my interview within 3 days whereas in reality, it took 7.. In the meantime, I accepted another role with a company who impressed me when I went to interview with them.