Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at IUPUI
- Research Technician (3)
- Research Technician I (1)
- Technician (1)
- Postdoctoral (1)
- Student Mentor (1)
- Patient Services (1)
- UITS Support Consultant (1)
- Math Tutor (1)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Teaching Assistant (1)
- Financial Aid Advisor (1)
- Custodian (1)
- Engineering (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.
Straight forward interview with interview panel. They went around the table asking different types of questions pertaining to personal traits and specific job questions. Took about 30 minutes to complete. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Not intimidating at all.
- What are 5 things you could do with a news paper? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).
I was contacted by phd student to assist in her lab. There was one very informal interview. The process was slow but easy. There were no technical questions, only do you know about ... I remember being asked about Java, Python, and MySQL. I was hired on the spot. After the interview, my application was processed by the university. They added me to payroll, did a background check and drug test, and gave me a key card for the lab. The whole process took over a month after the interview.
- No difficult questions. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).
Filled out an application and was contacted in April to interview for a position next fall semester. Interview consisted of a written test and a presentation. They allow you to retake the test up to 3 times. After the test, I was given a list of problems to choose one and then 5 minutes to prepare. I then presented the problem to the managers as if they were students and answered their questions. This was comparatively easy to the written exam.
- The C2 evaluation was difficult. I scored a 51% initially, and had to retake it to score in the 70th percentile. Answer Question
There was no negotiation.
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
It is quite simple. You have to have a grade point average B and above to be consider as a grader. As long as the opening position for it, you should get the job. There is no intense interview for this job position. Just a few minute talk with the professor will work.
- When did you take this class? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDeclined OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.
Very quick and informal
- All very standard Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).
submit application through the human resources website, just one interview with supervisor. offer position and explain benefits and compensatin
- what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with while working? Answer Question
- No OfferEasy InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at IUPUI.
The lab manager called me and said they are very impressed with me. but they said they need some who will work together not just know the techniques. I told I was excellent in that.
They already gave the Job to someone and just conducting interviews for formality,,,,Over all 1/2 hour of my time was wasted.
- No very easy Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.
The Interview Process consisted of basic questions regarding your Resume, your experience as a Custodian, and scnerio questions. The process consists of a group/panel interview with four supervisors and one building operator manager.
- If you and your team leader had to complete a project of strip and waxing a long hallway of a building and you had to complete your regular tasks for your designated area, which tasks should be done first? Answer Question
There is no negotiation phase.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.
Had a phone interview on a Friday and was told that they would contact me either next Thursday or Friday. Never heard from them. Sent a thank you email and also sent another email wondering what was going on with the selection and received no reply's. I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't have the courtesy to reply to emails or follow up like promised.
- Tell me about your current position Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review