IUPUI

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.4

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IUPUI.

I was contacted by phd student to assist in her lab. There was one very informal interview. The process was slow but easy. There were no technical questions, only do you know about ... I remember being asked about Java, Python, and MySQL. I was hired on the spot. After the interview, my application was processed by the university. They added me to payroll, did a background check and drug test, and gave me a key card for the lab. The whole process took over a month after the interview.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IUPUI.

Filled out an application and was contacted in April to interview for a position next fall semester. Interview consisted of a written test and a presentation. They allow you to retake the test up to 3 times. After the test, I was given a list of problems to choose one and then 5 minutes to prepare. I then presented the problem to the managers as if they were students and answered their questions. This was comparatively easy to the written exam.

Interview Questions
    • The C2 evaluation was difficult. I scored a 51% initially, and had to retake it to score in the 70th percentile.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

It is quite simple. You have to have a grade point average B and above to be consider as a grader. As long as the opening position for it, you should get the job. There is no intense interview for this job position. Just a few minute talk with the professor will work.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IUPUI in March 2014.

Very quick and informal

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IUPUI.

submit application through the human resources website, just one interview with supervisor. offer position and explain benefits and compensatin

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with while working?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IUPUI.

The lab manager called me and said they are very impressed with me. but they said they need some who will work together not just know the techniques. I told I was excellent in that.

They already gave the Job to someone and just conducting interviews for formality,,,,Over all 1/2 hour of my time was wasted.

Postdoctoral Interview

few Face 2 face interviews

Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at IUPUI in November 2011.

Had a phone interview on a Friday and was told that they would contact me either next Thursday or Friday. Never heard from them. Sent a thank you email and also sent another email wondering what was going on with the selection and received no reply's. I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't have the courtesy to reply to emails or follow up like promised.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IUPUI in June 2011.

When I turned in my completed application, the head of the program set up an interview with me for the next day. I was interviewed by the two program heads. They were very personable and it was more of like a conversation. I made the mistake of not reviewing my resume beforehand and so I was unable to answer a couple of questions like I wanted to. This was my third interview with IUPUI (I have had more than one campus job) and it is always different but you will learn something from each one. I was notified within one week of their decision in the form of a mailed letter.

UITS Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IUPUI in December 2010.

3 Emails, 2 separate Interviews, 1 Skills Test

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about computers? Here's a scenario..... what would you do?
      Here's another scenario..... what would you do?

Answer Question
    Like crap no options. I needed the money took the job.