IUPUI Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.5

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview with interview panel. They went around the table asking different types of questions pertaining to personal traits and specific job questions. Took about 30 minutes to complete. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Not intimidating at all.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was contacted by phd student to assist in her lab. There was one very informal interview. The process was slow but easy. There were no technical questions, only do you know about ... I remember being asked about Java, Python, and MySQL. I was hired on the spot. After the interview, my application was processed by the university. They added me to payroll, did a background check and drug test, and gave me a key card for the lab. The whole process took over a month after the interview.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Filled out an application and was contacted in April to interview for a position next fall semester. Interview consisted of a written test and a presentation. They allow you to retake the test up to 3 times. After the test, I was given a list of problems to choose one and then 5 minutes to prepare. I then presented the problem to the managers as if they were students and answered their questions. This was comparatively easy to the written exam.

Interview Questions

• The C2 evaluation was difficult. I scored a 51% initially, and had to retake it to score in the 70th percentile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

It is quite simple. You have to have a grade point average B and above to be consider as a grader. As long as the opening position for it, you should get the job. There is no intense interview for this job position. Just a few minute talk with the professor will work.

Interview Questions

• When did you take this class?   1 Answer

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick and informal

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

submit application through the human resources website, just one interview with supervisor. offer position and explain benefits and compensatin

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with while working?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IUPUI.

Interview

The lab manager called me and said they are very impressed with me. but they said they need some who will work together not just know the techniques. I told I was excellent in that.

They already gave the Job to someone and just conducting interviews for formality,,,,Over all 1/2 hour of my time was wasted.

Postdoctoral Interview

Interview

few Face 2 face interviews

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

The Interview Process consisted of basic questions regarding your Resume, your experience as a Custodian, and scnerio questions. The process consists of a group/panel interview with four supervisors and one building operator manager.

Interview Questions

• If you and your team leader had to complete a project of strip and waxing a long hallway of a building and you had to complete your regular tasks for your designated area, which tasks should be done first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview on a Friday and was told that they would contact me either next Thursday or Friday. Never heard from them. Sent a thank you email and also sent another email wondering what was going on with the selection and received no reply's. I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't have the courtesy to reply to emails or follow up like promised.