IUPUI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at IUPUI

Interview Details – It is quite simple. You have to have a grade point average B and above to be consider as a grader. As long as the opening position for it, you should get the job. There is no intense interview for this job position. Just a few minute talk with the professor will work.

Interview Question – When did you take this class?   View Answer

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Financial Aid Advisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IUPUI in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very quick and informal

Interview Question – All very standard   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IUPUI.

Interview Details – submit application through the human resources website, just one interview with supervisor. offer position and explain benefits and compensatin

Interview Question – what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with while working?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied online and interviewed at IUPUI.

Interview Details – The lab manager called me and said they are very impressed with me. but they said they need some who will work together not just know the techniques. I told I was excellent in that.

They already gave the Job to someone and just conducting interviews for formality,,,,Over all 1/2 hour of my time was wasted.

Interview Question – No very easy   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IUPUI in March 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with PI/Post-doc and see if you're a good fit for the lab.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any, IU sets a salary for a position, if you accept that position that's what you get.

Postdoctoral Interview

Postdoctoral

Interviewed at IUPUI

Interview Details – few Face 2 face interviews

Interview Question – Details question of my area of research   Answer Question

Student Mentor Interview

Student Mentor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IUPUI in June 2011.

Interview Details – When I turned in my completed application, the head of the program set up an interview with me for the next day. I was interviewed by the two program heads. They were very personable and it was more of like a conversation. I made the mistake of not reviewing my resume beforehand and so I was unable to answer a couple of questions like I wanted to. This was my third interview with IUPUI (I have had more than one campus job) and it is always different but you will learn something from each one. I was notified within one week of their decision in the form of a mailed letter.

Interview Question – They asked me what I live my by.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Patient Services Interview

Patient Services
Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at IUPUI in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview on a Friday and was told that they would contact me either next Thursday or Friday. Never heard from them. Sent a thank you email and also sent another email wondering what was going on with the selection and received no reply's. I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't have the courtesy to reply to emails or follow up like promised.

Interview Question – Tell me about your current position   Answer Question

UITS Support Consultant Interview

UITS Support Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IUPUI in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Emails, 2 separate Interviews, 1 Skills Test

Interview Question – What do you know about computers? Here's a scenario..... what would you do?
Here's another scenario..... what would you do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like crap no options. I needed the money took the job.

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IUPUI.

Interview Details – It was informal. Interviewer asked me to tell them about myself and my previous research experience. Then I asked about the lab and more detail on the research that they were doing. Interviewer talked most of the time which I wanted. Finally interviewer asked why I would be the best for the job.

Interview Question – None. Were routine questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 8% increase in salary

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IUPUI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IUPUI interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by IUPUI employees and interview candidates.