IXL Learning

IXL Learning Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Success Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IXL Learning.

I was contacted by the recruiting team after meeting company reps and dropping off my resume at my school's career fair. The company sent me an email asking to set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 30 minutes. Upon advancing to the next round, the company gave me a job skills test to submit via email.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer spent half of the 30 minutes explaining quickly the ins and outs about the company (he talked very fast and sounded very rushed, and consequently made me feel slightly uncomfortable). Afterwards he asked some very typical, expected questions about myself, my qualifications, and why I would work at the company. Then I was allowed to ask some questions. Because the interviewer sounded rushed throughout the whole process I did not feel as though I could freely ask meaningful questions about the company. He eventually cut me off and said he has another interview scheduled right after mine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IXL Learning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IXL Learning in May 2012.

Phone interview was straight forward. They read off a script. Not much discussion or feedback on the position I applied for. One way interview. I passed that.

Writing test was next. Simple test that took a few hours. All you had to do was answer some emails and some questions regarding IXL Math. Passed. I got a 2 person on site interview next.

In person interview was like the phone. They read off a script. Not much discussion or feedback on the position I applied for. One way interview. They asked, I answered. They didnt seem too open to answer my questions. Almost seemed like they were annoyed and I was wasting their time. They didnt bother to figure out who I was. They had a mysterious mold they wanted to fill and they didnt want the candidates to know what it was. So youre shooting into the dark when answering. They didnt provide much insight into the company or the product future. It appeared that I WAS MORE INTERESTED in their product than them. I asked about professional growth and training, they said I was being vague... Anyways, they want a certain candidate, but they wont say what it was. The job description is what it is, it jsut tells you the tasks you will be doing. Good luck in filling the position, i know they screen alot of people and very few make it through. and the few that do make it through cannot give the best interview as the interviewers do not give the candidates much to work with.

just look at the other reviews in regards to their interviewer skills.

on the brightside, IXL was prompt. 48hrs and i received contact after each step. although its one way. they didnt give me their cards, contact info, email, or phone. they want to keep everything a secret.

Customer Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IXL Learning in April 2012.

I had a phone interview with a current customer success manager. She was very friendly, but in my opinion she did not ask the right questions nor do I think she was an experienced interviewer. Typical questions: why are you looking for a new job, what makes you stand out from other candidates, what is a customer success manager to you. That was pretty much it really. Based on my answers to those questions, I was not offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from other candidates? (How would I know the qualities of the other candidates if I don't know who they are?)   Answer Question