Iaapa

Interviews for Top Jobs at Iaapa

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Iaapa.

Not a strong hard hitting group (market) as they are in the amusement park category, they have an international presence however they seem to be having a hard time with customer retention. They don’t seem to value true, real time experience, or a candidates time and effort. The interview was basic, explanation of their background and little attention to my specific background and qualifications. They couldn’t offer up answers to direct questions. It seemed as though they didn’t really know what they were doing and that you should feel impressed to have the opportunity to speak with them. I think they feel that the large parks speak for themselves and as a result they try to go through the motions. It’s an Association so they seem to be looking for the soft and pretty vs the experienced and position savvy candidate. My advice would be to make them work for it; ask them why should I consider working here, what does this Association offer me professionally? Also note that expositions and sponsorships are their life line, it’s how they operate and make their money. You should have some knowledge of events and advertising.

Interview Questions

Controller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iaapa in November 2010.

The interview went well and they asked questions about where I worked before, my fit, whether I was right for the company. Many mathematical questions and thinking problems to see how I was on my feet. They were rather easy. Some tricky personality questions regarding personal life.

Interview Questions