Iaapa Sales Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Iaapa.

Not a strong hard hitting group (market) as they are in the amusement park category, they have an international presence however they seem to be having a hard time with customer retention. They don’t seem to value true, real time experience, or a candidates time and effort. The interview was basic, explanation of their background and little attention to my specific background and qualifications. They couldn’t offer up answers to direct questions. It seemed as though they didn’t really know what they were doing and that you should feel impressed to have the opportunity to speak with them. I think they feel that the large parks speak for themselves and as a result they try to go through the motions. It’s an Association so they seem to be looking for the soft and pretty vs the experienced and position savvy candidate. My advice would be to make them work for it; ask them why should I consider working here, what does this Association offer me professionally? Also note that expositions and sponsorships are their life line, it’s how they operate and make their money. You should have some knowledge of events and advertising.

Interview Questions