Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Assistant Professor Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in June 2009.

I was referred by one of my colleagues to the chairman of the department. The chairman was very straight and arranged the interview in timely fashion. Went there one day before and stayed in a hotel in upper east side of Manhattan. The interview went on for one day and consists of a presentation and a lot of 1-to-1 conversations. Most of the interviewees are very nice and did not ask any harsh questions. Had dinner with the chairman along with my wife and it was in a very nice restaurant. Generally speaking, it was a very nice trip. I was a bit nervous but still got the offer in the end.

Interview Questions
  • This paper represents what you are going to do if you come here, what are your comments?   Answer Question
The chairman was straightforward and provides a list of base salary, benefits, working environments, etc. I was overall quite happy with the things they can provide but asked for an increase in base salary because NYC has very high living costs. The chairman added $10,000 to the base right away and I was very satisfied.
I also asked for some starting research funds but the chairman wasn't very sure whether he can provide this given my position. But he generously provided it in the end and I felt complimented.

Worked for Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai? Contribute to the Community!