Icap Services North America

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Industry Insight Intern Interview

Industry Insight Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview Details – Interview process was initiated with a behavioral interview over the phone, including some tough questions. Know all about ICAP, including its current equity status. Know the industry and the players involved.

Second stage was an in-person interview at the ICAP building in Jersey City, which also included a tour, a timed test, and even a presentation! By far the most difficult interview I have ever participated in, and just for a one week internship! You had better want this position.

After that, you also have to do a drug screening test if you are accepted as an intern. Don't take the test in Jersey City, though, because half of the people at the office are probably on parole and you might get mugged on the way up to the third floor. You think I'm joking. I'm not.

Interview Question – What is ICAP's current stock price?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are from out of state, they will offer housing assistance and even cover food costs. Sweet deal. Housing is some sort of student dorm/apartment complex in Brooklyn. You'll have to take the PATH to the ICAP office.

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview Details – Only one application is allowed across all programs, so be sure you choose the right program you want to apply to!

Questions are similar to what you will find in the other reviews.
1. What is ICAP's share price?
2. What do you do for leisure?
3. What is an IDB?

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Industry Insight Programmer Interview

Industry Insight Programmer
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview Details – I applied via my school's online career center and I was emailed back within a week to set up a phone interview. The question's were beyond difficut for a college freshman to answer but I think they asked them to see how we acted under impossible pressure.

I made it through the first round telephone interview to be invited to their North American headquarters in NJ during the middle of the school year. I was being interviewed with around 6 other students, all from Boston College and Clemson. We had to take a test that required us to convert USD to EUR to YEN when trading stocks of a hypothetical company (i.e.: you buy 100 shares of Company XYZ which is trading in EUR and you are buying in USD, how many USD are needed) and this is done rapid fire, 30-seconds a question for about 20 minutes straight. Then, we had to evaluate 2 companies and whether or not ICAP should acquire them and make a presentation in literally 5 minutes in which each of us spoke. The girls interviewing with me had a chip on their shoulders and were beyond cady to us while being "team-players" whenever the HR Head picked her head up. I evaluated the company and the two girls took the credit without shame, using my stats when they were speaking.

We then had a panel interview with a managing partner, a broker, and the HR Head probing us on our resumes, our personalities and what we do in our free time.

Overall, I wish I got the position but the test is what I think got me.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Icap Services North America in January 2013.

Interview Details – Assessment Center:

2 numerical tests:
a. a trading simulation that was basically about converting currencies. It's extremely easy, so don't sweat it. I went in without anything prepared and think I did fine.

b. math test. 20 questions in 20 minutes. This one was more difficult than I would imagine. You have to time yourself accordingly and be sure to READ THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY. You get some graphs and numbers and basically have to add/divide/multiply/subtract to get your answer. I didn't finish the questions on time... be sure to time yourself!

Group exercise:
We were put into groups of 4 and basically had to decide in 20 minutes whether or not ICAP should purchase a company or not. You have to create a presentation within these 20 minutes backed up with reasons. PAY ATTENTION TO THE OBJECTIVE. Everyone there will try to be as vocal as possible and basically say things just to hear themselves talk. You need to be more aggressive than necessary to have yourself heard.
(I didn't say a lot, which would probably count against me. But I figured that if I didn't know what I was talking about, I shouldn't say things for the sake of saying it.)

* ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OBJECTION, even ones you think are silly. This would be helpful in the long run *

Panel Interview:
You will be interviewed by the HR head and a broker. All the questions I got asked were behavioral ones:
1. Tell us about yourself based on your resume. Add anything on you would want that isn't here.
2. They'll ask you if you had a free day what you would like to do.
3. How you would handle customer situations, etc.

Best of luck, guys!

Interview Question – Group exercise and what could have been done better/how you felt about it.   Answer Question

Voice Broking Intern Interview

Voice Broking Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Icap Services North America in March 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds. Phone interview, then an in office interview with team challenges, individual quick fire trading exercises, math exams, and 1 on 1 interview. 3rd round is a phone interview with head of HR.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Why ICAP? Why here and not an I Bank?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Icap Services North America in January 2009.

Interview Details – Several phone screens, followed by an individual face to face afterwards there was a multiple panel interview. Intense but very fair.

Interview Question – Create a class model based upon a brief functional spec.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation does not seem to be an option. All offers are take it or leave it.

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Icap Services North America in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 skills tests - one isn't too hard, the second sucks

group exercise - not incredibly difficult - try to be as engaged as possible

Broker Interview

Broker
Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Icap Services North America in November 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview after the resume was accepted. The phone interview consisted of a bunch of questions ranging from your past experiences to information about their company. It took about 10-20 min.

Broker (Singapore) Interview

Broker (Singapore)

Interviewed at Icap Services North America

Interview Details – 1st round phone interview, behavioral and competency questions, prove yourself to be a good seller. 2nd round assessment center consists of numerical tests, trading games, case presentation, and 1 on 1 HR interview. Did not get to 3rd round, which is a panel interview.

Interview Question – the trading game is very time-demanding. the 1 on 1 HR interview in second round has similar questions with phone interview questions.   Answer Question

Junior Broker Interview

Junior Broker

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then went got invited to AC.

Interview Question – The standardized tests were the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Worked for Icap Services North America? Contribute to the Community!