Icap Services North America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

3.4

POST TRADE RISK Interview

First round of phone interview. Simple questions about the business and industry. Lasted 15 minutes. Second round in office with presentation, math/verbal tests, and panel interview. Presentation has 20 minutes of research then right into 5 minute interview. Third round with high level business executives.

Post Trade Risk Mitigation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America in January 2015.

1. Applied online, through the company's website. Got in touch within 2 weeks.
    2. Phone interview - going over your resume, some behavioral questions. Questions about the company - What is the stock price, competitors, what makes icap's post trade risk mitigation business)
    3. On-site
    a. Two tests - reading comprehension, math test (both shl), group presentation on company's product (can be anything) and you have to pitch it to the interviewers, an actual interview (a lot of behavioral questions)
    They also give you a tour of the trade floor.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Icap Services North America.

Initial phone interview by HR rather than someone professional. Behavioral questions mostly plus two technical questions regarding ICAP's products and something about London Stock Market. Be careful! HR called me half an hour earlier and I was completely unprepared and I had very bad reception at the building so I did everything wrong during this itnerview

Industry Insight Interview

Phone interview leading to an on-site interview. The on-site lasted a full day and consisted of a behavioral interview by the HR team as well as a timed math / currency conversion test and a case-study presentation.

Industry Insight Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview process was initiated with a behavioral interview over the phone, including some tough questions. Know all about ICAP, including its current equity status. Know the industry and the players involved.

Second stage was an in-person interview at the ICAP building in Jersey City, which also included a tour, a timed test, and even a presentation! By far the most difficult interview I have ever participated in, and just for a one week internship! You had better want this position.

After that, you also have to do a drug screening test if you are accepted as an intern. Don't take the test in Jersey City, though, because half of the people at the office are probably on parole and you might get mugged on the way up to the third floor. You think I'm joking. I'm not.

Interview Questions
    If you are from out of state, they will offer housing assistance and even cover food costs. Sweet deal. Housing is some sort of student dorm/apartment complex in Brooklyn. You'll have to take the PATH to the ICAP office.

Post Trade Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America.

The hiring process is composed of one phone interview. Some of the questions asked were about company's stock price on that day, greatest weaknesses, three greatest strengths, when has networking payed off and three reasons why ICAP would be a good place for a summer internship. Then some people are called for the second round at ICAP's office in Jersey City. There a group of 10 people is first given a test in a form of couple of market updates (videos with news, index prices and FX). Every news update is followed by three questions about a specific topic that was covered (percentage increases and converting currencies). It is 60 seconds per question while main indices and FX rates are presented on the screen.
    This test is followed by another test that is made of 40 questions in 40 minutes. All of the questions are calculating percentage changes, or calculating whole parts based on data of percentages, and converting currencies. Questions in both tests are not difficult, but the time is a constraint (some questions demand more time than others).

Second part of the second round is an analysis of a company that is followed by a presentation in front of ICAP employees and recruiters. Groups of 3-4 are formed and then given a case of a brokerage company. A group is then supposed to analyze the financials and give its opinion on whether that company would be a good fit for ICAP. After the 3-5 minute presentation, ICAP employees ask questions about financial measures used, feasibility and valuation (estimated stock price).

Less than half of the group is then sent home, depending on the test results and the presentation, and the rest is left to wait for the panel interview (same employees that listened to the presentation), final stage of the hiring process. Questions asked during the panel interview are mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze a company and give your opinion, based on financial information provided, whether ICAP should acquire it or not.   Answer Question

Financial Operations/Accounting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America in May 2014.

Applied through their college recruiting program online. Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Interview took about 30 minutes, mostly behavioral (walk me through your resume, weaknesses, etc) with some quantitative questions on the markets and ICAP. Invited for Assessment Center interview in office in Jersey City. Took a quantitative math exam and a short exam on converting between currencies and calculating market cap/share price. Next, did a case study with other applicants on whether or not to buy a fictional company based on their financial statements and short description. Final round was a panel interview with 4 relevant employees, entirely behavioral/standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's the price of gold?
      Price of ICAP stock today? In what units?
      Who are our competitors?

Answer Question

Global Broking Interview

Why ICAP?
    Name our competitors

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America in April 2014.

OCR, it is a great experience happening in my career center. The OCR consists of most behavioral questions, most of them are about yourself. I was challenged by the question that the competitors in market for ICAP, I should have done a better research. Though, it is fair that you have to do a lot of research about the company to get the position.

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Icap Services North America.

Interview was conducted by an HR person. Very scripted, asked most common behavioral questions. No real technical questions. Interviewer did not seem very interested from the start, and could not describe the position well. Two sides to the business, brokerage and post-trade risk. Would discourage working here especially on the brokerage side.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. Asked what I know about post-trade risk management.   Answer Question