Icap Services North America

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Industry Insight Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Icap Services North America.

I applied via my school's online career center and I was emailed back within a week to set up a phone interview. The question's were beyond difficut for a college freshman to answer but I think they asked them to see how we acted under impossible pressure.

I made it through the first round telephone interview to be invited to their North American headquarters in NJ during the middle of the school year. I was being interviewed with around 6 other students, all from Boston College and Clemson. We had to take a test that required us to convert USD to EUR to YEN when trading stocks of a hypothetical company (i.e.: you buy 100 shares of Company XYZ which is trading in EUR and you are buying in USD, how many USD are needed) and this is done rapid fire, 30-seconds a question for about 20 minutes straight. Then, we had to evaluate 2 companies and whether or not ICAP should acquire them and make a presentation in literally 5 minutes in which each of us spoke. The girls interviewing with me had a chip on their shoulders and were beyond cady to us while being "team-players" whenever the HR Head picked her head up. I evaluated the company and the two girls took the credit without shame, using my stats when they were speaking.

We then had a panel interview with a managing partner, a broker, and the HR Head probing us on our resumes, our personalities and what we do in our free time.

Overall, I wish I got the position but the test is what I think got me.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Icap Services North America in January 2013.

Assessment Center:

2 numerical tests:
    a. a trading simulation that was basically about converting currencies. It's extremely easy, so don't sweat it. I went in without anything prepared and think I did fine.

b. math test. 20 questions in 20 minutes. This one was more difficult than I would imagine. You have to time yourself accordingly and be sure to READ THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY. You get some graphs and numbers and basically have to add/divide/multiply/subtract to get your answer. I didn't finish the questions on time... be sure to time yourself!

Group exercise:
    We were put into groups of 4 and basically had to decide in 20 minutes whether or not ICAP should purchase a company or not. You have to create a presentation within these 20 minutes backed up with reasons. PAY ATTENTION TO THE OBJECTIVE. Everyone there will try to be as vocal as possible and basically say things just to hear themselves talk. You need to be more aggressive than necessary to have yourself heard.
    (I didn't say a lot, which would probably count against me. But I figured that if I didn't know what I was talking about, I shouldn't say things for the sake of saying it.)

* ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OBJECTION, even ones you think are silly. This would be helpful in the long run *

Panel Interview:
    You will be interviewed by the HR head and a broker. All the questions I got asked were behavioral ones:
    1. Tell us about yourself based on your resume. Add anything on you would want that isn't here.
    2. They'll ask you if you had a free day what you would like to do.
    3. How you would handle customer situations, etc.

Best of luck, guys!

Interview Questions
    • Group exercise and what could have been done better/how you felt about it.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Icap Services North America in March 2011.

2 skills tests - one isn't too hard, the second sucks

group exercise - not incredibly difficult - try to be as engaged as possible

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Icap Services North America in November 2010.

Submitted resume online, was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview after the resume was accepted. The phone interview consisted of a bunch of questions ranging from your past experiences to information about their company. It took about 10-20 min.

Voice Broking Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Icap Services North America in March 2010.

3 rounds. Phone interview, then an in office interview with team challenges, individual quick fire trading exercises, math exams, and 1 on 1 interview. 3rd round is a phone interview with head of HR.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Why ICAP? Why here and not an I Bank?   Answer Question