Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Iceland Foods

Retail Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iceland Foods in September 2014.

After applying online, I was invited by email to an assesment centre . Here we were in groups of 8 candidates. Their was an initial slide presentation about iceland and its values, which was given by a Local store Manager.
    He then asked us to introduce ourselves and outline briefly a bit about ourselves. He took the first turn, followed by the further 3 managment team also in the room., and then us! They werent looking for much, just your name, age , and a brief work history.
    We were then taken seperately into a private room where the actual intrerview took place. I have to say that this was by far, the shortest, easiest and most informal interview I have ever had.
    The interviewer had a form that he had to fill out with your answers. Basic questions regarding how you deal with new people and environments, achieving goals, how your friends would describe you etc.
    Then once that form was completed, I was shown a planogram of a store, with problems that needed to be dealt with, such as no trolleys, light bulb out etc. You basically had to decide the 5 most important things that needed to be dealt with and why. Apparently there are no right or wrong answers here, the're mearly testing you logic and reasoning.
    All in all the whole process took no longer than 30 mins.
    The general feeling is that Iceland are very relaxed in their approach to things and seem a genuinely friendly bunch.
    The only down side I discovered is regarding their approach to staffing. No one (aside from van drivers or management) is offered anymore than a 7.5 hour contract. They then appear to fill the extra hours they need by offering them out to staff on a weekly basis dependant on the stores profit.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions asked were at all hard, technical or unexpected for this type of role.   Answer Question

Unfortunately for me, the lack of routine and guaranteed hours is not conducive to supporting a family, mortgage etc.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iceland Foods in November 2010.

The interview process was very relaxed and easy. It was a 1:1 interview, the only drawback was that the manager was writing down everything that I was saying, which I found a bit off putting and a little bit annoying. But, it was a friendly interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give us an example of when you had to use technolog? Do you think it was a success?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bodmin, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bodmin, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iceland Foods in May 2010.

Long winded in the early store opening, a simple 'chat' tends to be enough nowadays. We had a group interview for the original staff members: to build a bridge out of newspaper and see if it could hold a heavy[ish] object for a short while.

Interview Questions
    • Seems to be a simple, 'Can you talk to people, carry heavy objects and smile?'   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iceland Foods in October 2009.

Interview with the store manager

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult at all, just general competency questions like 'how would you deal with a difficult customer' etc   View Answer
    Negotiated hours I could work, they are very flexible!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickford, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Iceland Foods in September 2009.

Pretty easy, few questions about why I want to work there and asked when I could start and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interview was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iceland Foods in September 2008.

Friend got me the interview. Was a 1 to 1 interview with a supervisor from the store. Just asked general questions about my past, past work experience, school etc. Was a rather friendly interview. and there was little pressure. Heard back within a couple of days to be told that i was being offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time you have worked as part of a team?   Answer Question