Icing by Claire's

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Third Key Management Interview

Third Key Management

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Icing by Claire's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on a Friday and heard from the SM by the next Tuesday. My interview was very relaxed. The assistant store manager interviewed me and asked a series of pre typed questions. The questions were a bit repetitive, basic retail questions and customer service experience.

Interview Question – They were all pretty easy, one that caught me off guard a little was how would you bring creativity to your work team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Store manager called 4 days after my interview and we did a minor second interview over the phone and she offered me the position after the conversation.

Third Key

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview Details – Easy. One of one interview. Hired on spot.

Interview Question – Basic questions about experience   Answer Question

Third Key

I applied in-person - interviewed at Icing by Claire's in February 2014.

Interview Details – My interview process was great. She asked me a lot of behavioral questions and mostly we just talked. After the first interview with the store manger, I had the second one with the assistant manger, she went into the more technical question but it was still really relaxed and felt like more of a causal conversation than an interview.
One thing I would say is it took them awhile to get a call back.

Interview Question – How would I handle certain situations when I'm in the store alone, and they gave me a few different situations   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Icing by Claire's

Interview Details – Met with the DM twice before actually being hired. After she hired me she couldn't decide what store to put me in. Almost took 2 months from my first interview until I actually started in the store.
DM loses lots of great candidates this way because she interviews and has nowhere to go with them, so they just end up deciding to go elsewhere.

Interview Question – Interview over extremely easy. Just talk about customer service and how much you love helping people and the job is yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview Details – I applied on craigslist and was contacted within a few weeks. I went through one interview with the DM and the Acting SM. We met at the store but interviewed at one of the restaurants at the mall. It took them about 3 weeks to call me back with an offer.

Interview Question – It was all a very typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied for SM but was offered as assitant position. didnt negotiate.

Greenwood, IN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Icing by Claire's in May 2012.

Interview Details – it was great and very professional

Interview Question – whats most important to you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – dont settle for less!

Manager Interview

Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Icing by Claire's in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met with District Manager over both the Claires and the Icing stores in the Ohio area. The interview was pretty straight forward. There weren't any questions about whether I knew anything about the company I had to bring it up. More questions about how my age would effect my ability to be up to trend with the companies market

Interview Question – This company is for college type individuals or those who just graduated college who want to be both trendy and professional. How do you think your older age will effect your ability to relate to this clientele.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Icing by Claire's

Interview Details – All I did was print out a paper application and filled it out so I could personally give it to the store manager closest to me. It took a while to hear back from them so I thought I was not hired, but they actually ended up calling me back. I went for an interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just basic   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interview Details – I had two interviews in the same day. One with the store manager and the other with the district manager. I was also asked to to an online questionnaire. Store manager was friendly but the district manger was cold and not friendly and I felt intimidated and not welcome.

Interview Question – Explain how you would handle a shoplifter?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Icing By Claire's/Sales Associate Interview

Icing By Claire's/Sales Associate
Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Icing by Claire's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The manager was very chill and she made the interviewing process very easy. She asked me to tell her about myself and about fashion trends, if I was comfortable with ear piercings, if I had any retail experience and why I wanna work of Icing. She was super friendly the entire time, she was very easy to talk to and she had a very fun personality.

Interview Question – "give me 3 reasons why I should hire you for this company"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a phone call later that evening and she asked if I would like the position of a sales associate. She was very quick about contacting me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Icing by Claire's

Worked for Icing by Claire's? Contribute to the Community!