Icing by Claire's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Icing by Claire's (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Quick took 3 days. Then came in for training w/out pay. Just ask why icing? What did you do when dealing with difficult customer? Are you ok with piercing ears?

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question. Nothing overboard!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Icing by Claire's (Provo, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

I know most of the people who work there and they know me, just by networking (we work in spyware stores in the same mall). They knew I was good, and begged me to apply for months before I eventually did. The store manager glanced over my application and scheduled an interview on the spot. We interviewed in the food court. She sat opposite me, asked questions that I answered for about ten minutes, all the while taking notes on the back of her clip board. When we were through she told me she would send on her recommendation to the gm.

Interview Questions

• you're a seller: sell yourself to me.   Answer Question
    • an angry customer walks in with a broken necklace: what do you do to reserve the situation?   Answer Question
    • is there anything at your last job that only you were responsible for?   Answer Question

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in February 2015.

Interview

Came in to fill out an application, gave resume, and availability. Asst Manager was very nice and she assured me that I was qualified for the position and I would be considered

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the same district sales manager which I found to be odd. This was followed by a face to to face interview. Very little actual information was given about job specifics. I was led to believe I was interviewing for a district manager in training position, but was only offered a store manager position.

Interview Questions

• Are you where you thought you would be in your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was presented with a package that included a promise to enter a district manager I training program. That program was stopped shortly after I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Icing by Claire's (Aurora, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in-store directly to the manager, she set me up immediatly with an interview a few days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed. She had the general question sheet (work experience, why Icing, how would you handle..etc.), but she also had come up with her own questions that were specifically chosen to be more difficult. Things like, "what does trustworthy mean to you?" and "What are two strengths and two weaknesses?".

Interview Questions

I received an offer at another store that I accepted.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in August 2014.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application. The store manager told me later that she does not give out apps to people who look like they are dressed to want a job (I had on a maxi dress with a jacket over it, with flats, earrings, braclets and a necklace). I told her I would fill out the app and bring it right back and I did. Upon returning the application, I said "so tell me about the position", and she interviewed me on the spot. She then said her DM would interview me, which she did via phone interview the next week. The DM called the store manager a few days later and gave her the OK to hire me. The entire process took about two weeks because the DM was going on medical leave.

Interview Questions

• Initial Interview: asked about experience, how I would feel about working alone, how I would feel about piercing ears, if I could wear the dress code (solid black)   1 Answer
    • Phone Interview: first question, "tell me about yourself"   1 Answer
    • Phone Interview: In order from one to three, which of these would be most and least difficult for you? Store operations, visual merchandising, customer service   1 Answer
    • Phone: Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Phone: Tell me about one of your good qualities   1 Answer
    • Phone: Based on your previous jobs, would you feel comfortable working in a fashion forward environment?   1 Answer
    • Phone: Questions for me?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Icing by Claire's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited. I filled out an application & received a call back the next day. The store manager interviewed me the day after that. I had a phone interview with the District Manager the morning after and was offered the position 6 hours later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the pay rate.

Third Key Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in April 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Friday and heard from the SM by the next Tuesday. My interview was very relaxed. The assistant store manager interviewed me and asked a series of pre typed questions. The questions were a bit repetitive, basic retail questions and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty easy, one that caught me off guard a little was how would you bring creativity to your work team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Store manager called 4 days after my interview and we did a minor second interview over the phone and she offered me the position after the conversation.

Third Key Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Interview

Easy. One of one interview. Hired on spot.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Met with the DM twice before actually being hired. After she hired me she couldn't decide what store to put me in. Almost took 2 months from my first interview until I actually started in the store. DM loses lots of great candidates this way because she interviews and has nowhere to go with them, so they just end up deciding to go elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Interview over extremely easy. Just talk about customer service and how much you love helping people and the job is yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.