Icing by Claire's

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Icing by Claire's.

I had several phone interviews with the same district sales manager which I found to be odd. This was followed by a face to to face interview. Very little actual information was given about job specifics. I was led to believe I was interviewing for a district manager in training position, but was only offered a store manager position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you where you thought you would be in your career?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was presented with a package that included a promise to enter a district manager I training program. That program was stopped shortly after I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in October 2014.

I applied in-store directly to the manager, she set me up immediatly with an interview a few days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed. She had the general question sheet (work experience, why Icing, how would you handle..etc.), but she also had come up with her own questions that were specifically chosen to be more difficult. Things like, "what does trustworthy mean to you?" and "What are two strengths and two weaknesses?".

Interview Questions

I received an offer at another store that I accepted.

Third Key Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in August 2014.

I walked in and asked for an application. The store manager told me later that she does not give out apps to people who look like they are dressed to want a job (I had on a maxi dress with a jacket over it, with flats, earrings, braclets and a necklace). I told her I would fill out the app and bring it right back and I did.
    Upon returning the application, I said "so tell me about the position", and she interviewed me on the spot. She then said her DM would interview me, which she did via phone interview the next week. The DM called the store manager a few days later and gave her the OK to hire me. The entire process took about two weeks because the DM was going on medical leave.

Interview Questions
    • Initial Interview: asked about experience, how I would feel about working alone, how I would feel about piercing ears, if I could wear the dress code (solid black)   View Answer
    • Phone Interview: first question, "tell me about yourself"   View Answer
    • Phone Interview: In order from one to three, which of these would be most and least difficult for you? Store operations, visual merchandising, customer service   View Answer
    • Phone: Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Phone: Tell me about one of your good qualities   View Answer
    • Phone: Based on your previous jobs, would you feel comfortable working in a fashion forward environment?   View Answer
    • Phone: Questions for me?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in August 2014.

I was recruited. I filled out an application & received a call back the next day. The store manager interviewed me the day after that. I had a phone interview with the District Manager the morning after and was offered the position 6 hours later.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate the pay rate.

Third Key Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Icing by Claire's in April 2014.

Applied on a Friday and heard from the SM by the next Tuesday. My interview was very relaxed. The assistant store manager interviewed me and asked a series of pre typed questions. The questions were a bit repetitive, basic retail questions and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty easy, one that caught me off guard a little was how would you bring creativity to your work team?   Answer Question
    The Store manager called 4 days after my interview and we did a minor second interview over the phone and she offered me the position after the conversation.

Third Key Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Icing by Claire's.

Easy. One of one interview. Hired on spot.

Store Manager Interview

Met with the DM twice before actually being hired. After she hired me she couldn't decide what store to put me in. Almost took 2 months from my first interview until I actually started in the store.
    DM loses lots of great candidates this way because she interviews and has nowhere to go with them, so they just end up deciding to go elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Interview over extremely easy. Just talk about customer service and how much you love helping people and the job is yours.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase.

Third Key Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Icing by Claire's in February 2014.

My interview process was great. She asked me a lot of behavioral questions and mostly we just talked. After the first interview with the store manger, I had the second one with the assistant manger, she went into the more technical question but it was still really relaxed and felt like more of a causal conversation than an interview.
    One thing I would say is it took them awhile to get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle certain situations when I'm in the store alone, and they gave me a few different situations   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Icing by Claire's.

I applied on craigslist and was contacted within a few weeks. I went through one interview with the DM and the Acting SM. We met at the store but interviewed at one of the restaurants at the mall. It took them about 3 weeks to call me back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I applied for SM but was offered as assitant position. didnt negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

All I did was print out a paper application and filled it out so I could personally give it to the store manager closest to me. It took a while to hear back from them so I thought I was not hired, but they actually ended up calling me back. I went for an interview