Idaho Power Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

3.2

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Idaho Power (Provo, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly normal questions with technical questions first followed by some behavioral questions. I felt like the behavioral questions were very vague. All the situations they asked about were from school experience, particularly group work and/or group projects. I had prepared 10-15 situations from my actual work and previous internship experience where I excelled. I only ended up using 2 or 3 of these.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you were satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience in which you were NOT satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question

Information Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

They use the Situation, Task, Action, Result (STAR) behavioral method for interviews. Be prepared to think of actual situations where you were faced with challenges. Describe the situation, the task at hand, the action you took and the results of your action. Typically two different teams interview you. Provide a response for each section and you will rack up points in the interview.

Negotiation

They have a pay scale. Most managers will try and start you at the bottom of the scale.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Idaho Power (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel had 3 interviewers.

Questions included basics of Power Systems

1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?
    2. What is a Circuit breaker ? etc..

Some Problems on Power factor.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring process very well defined. Interviews consisted of two 2:1 sessions with a hiring manager and an HR person. Questions were prescripted and standardized - each interviewer had a different set. Alomost no spontaneous questions - all were by the script. All questions were behavioral - no technical questions (they were done at the phone screen).

Interview Questions

• How would you tell your supervisor how to do his/her job better?   1 Answer