IdealAngle

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IdealAngle in January 2009.

I submitted my resume and a cover letter, I received a phone call about 10 days later. This was a developed into a 30 minute interview. Later that afternoon, I received an encouraging email. It was then almost 30 days before I was contacted to schedule an in person meeting. Everyone was very smart, friendly and made the process enjoyable.

Planning-

Be confident, be patient, but most importantly...be yourself at all times. The interviewing/hiring process is very focused on evaluating you holisticly (not just to see how smart/ambitious/determined you are). Trust your instincts, be prepared to communicate clearly and confidently. Expect to demonstrate your ability to think critically, quickly and thoroughly. Most of the process was relaxed and “conversational.”

1) Telephone Interview – Very Conversational, covered Background/Goals/Behavioral
2) Written Test - Brief but the questions were to evaluate problem solving, strategic thinking, creativity, resourcefulness.
3) 2nd Round (In Person) – Again, very relaxed and conversational but included 2 Business cases covering Marketing, Operations and Strategy.
4) 3rd Round (In Person) – Lunch with Sr. Partner.

Interview Questions
  • A key client asks if you will manage an important project involving technology, business processes and data that you have no experience with...she appears to expect a direct response...What do you do?   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate what ended up being +20% on my first year total compensation, by requesting quarterly performance based payments. If you receive an offer (and you can afford to), I would recommend exploring this option before negotiating on a salary + bonus basis.