Idearc Media

Very Easy Interview

Advertising Sales Interview

Advertising Sales
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in January 2009.

Interview Details – Not a lot of questions.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel between markets   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Everett, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with 3 different floor supervisors. 3 completely different personalities. This was incouraging for me, since they did not want to a cookie cutter approach on their sales people. The interviewers was rather unpleasant but I just saw it as being as a part of the hiring process. It was not personal but it was not a fun interview by any means.

Interview Question – Can you handle rude people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotion, everyone was getting the same package.

Very Easy Interview

Premise Outside Sales Representative Interview

Premise Outside Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two assistant sales mangers then the general sales manager during the same interview session. One assistant sales manager actually asked me to sell him a pencil from his desk. I couldn't believe this guy held a management position. I received a phone call three days later with job offer.

Interview Question – 'Sell me this pencil' was so trite I almost laughed at the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in September 2009.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experience via phone interview. After I passed that, had a 1:1 interview with General Manager. Spoke with her for about 20 minutes and she asked me the usual questions like "Wat were your greatest challendes", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", etc. She was going to have me do a role play with a colleague then decided that it would not change her mind. She offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Don't want to work in an office with set hours and required meetings.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview then one 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. Basically confirmed I could sell by role playing and varifying my past sales experience.

Interview Question – What was your sales process like at your last company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotionable offer

Sales Interview

Sales
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in December 2009.

Interview Details – Standard interview except for the role play. Was sent basic info via email ahead of time and had to prepare a sales presentation as a role play. The info they sent and what they expected in the role play were somewhat conflicting.

They were going through restructuring and exiting bankruptcy so there seemed to be a lot of confusion.

While I was waiting in the reception area before the interview, I heard the receptionist take a complaint call from someone who wanted to cancel their ad. The receptionist seemed less than helpful and it seemed like a common occurance.

I was wiling to take the position on a short term basis if needed (was unemployed - recently laid off at the time) but I knew I wouldn't enjoy it on a long term basis,

Interview Question – Would you really enjoy cold calling on businesses and being rejected many times everyday?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in November 2008.

Interview Details – After a phone interview I went for an on-site interview the next day. There were three 1:1 interviews with senior engineers and a group interview with two others. The technical questions were from java collections, algorithm solving and object oriented design. At the end I was given a tour of the place and got introduced to a few other people from the team. Everybody was nice and friendly.

Interview Question – The manager of the UI team asked me to solve an algorithm problem, something about finding elements in a linked list.   Answer Question

Premise Outside Sales Representative Interview

Premise Outside Sales Representative
Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in July 2008.

Interview Details – Hour and a half interview with 2 sales manager and with the gsm

Interview Question – Asked to give sales presentation after reviewing material for 30 minutes   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for the salary range because it depends on experience.

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in May 2008.

Interview Details – There was a prescreen telephone interview with HR. It was very basic. She followed up a couple of days later to schedule the in-person interview with the manager. The second interview was about a week later. It included a mock sales call that I had 15 minutes to prepare for using the information and scenario that my manager outlined for me.

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate anything. It was a union position.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in May 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted and screened. Did 45 min phone interview next day. My follow-up calls and emails were ignored completely. THREE WEEKS later - I got a return call from the same recruiter/interviewer I spoke to originally asking who I was and when did we ever speak! Preposterous company!

Interview Question – Which past manager/supervisor did you get along with the least and why? How did you resolve this?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Idearc Media

Worked for Idearc Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Idearc Media interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Idearc Media employees and interview candidates.