Idearc Media

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in September 2009.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experience via phone interview. After I passed that, had a 1:1 interview with General Manager. Spoke with her for about 20 minutes and she asked me the usual questions like "Wat were your greatest challendes", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", etc. She was going to have me do a role play with a colleague then decided that it would not change her mind. She offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Don't want to work in an office with set hours and required meetings.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Idearc Media in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview then one 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. Basically confirmed I could sell by role playing and varifying my past sales experience.

Interview Question – What was your sales process like at your last company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotionable offer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Idearc Media in May 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted and screened. Did 45 min phone interview next day. My follow-up calls and emails were ignored completely. THREE WEEKS later - I got a return call from the same recruiter/interviewer I spoke to originally asking who I was and when did we ever speak! Preposterous company!

Interview Question – Which past manager/supervisor did you get along with the least and why? How did you resolve this?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Idearc Media

Worked for Idearc Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Idearc Media Media Sales interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Idearc Media employees and interview candidates.