VA Medical Center
www.longbeach.va.gov 500 to 999 Employees

VA Medical Center Housekeeping Supervisor Interview Question

I interviewed in Gainesville, FL and was asked:
"If an outstanding worker showed up to work intoxicated how would you handle it?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Housekeeping Supervisor Interview Review - one of 3 VA Medical Center Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
First of all I would instruct him that he need to call for a ride home and return to see me in the morning. Upon his arrival the next morning I advised the employee that he a been referred to the employees assistant program in order to gain control, over this issue. I would further inform him that by policy the action that could be taken is to report the incident to authorities for showing up intoxicated and they would persue, further action. But I feel that with the problems you are having you may need to take us up on the referral to employee assistance.
- Interview Candidate on Jan 24, 2014 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VA Medical Center interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by VA Medical Center employees and interview candidates.