Interview Question

Interview Minneapolis, MN

If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare

for us?
Answer

Interview Answer

24 Answers

An interest in food helps. Be yourself and tell them what you cook.

Interview Candidate on Mar 26, 2012

Dinner

Kaushal Chawda on Jan 13, 2013

That depends, are you vegetarian, vegan?

Alan on Jan 17, 2013

A very common dilemma for anyone trying to plan a blind date. So, not knowing if they are vegan, hate fish or any one of a thousand allergies, I would prepare a reservation at a nearby by restaurant. If it's a good paying job, I'd also prepare a reservation for a limo to take everyone.

Glen on Jan 17, 2013

Great question! as soon as you hire me I'll invite you over so you can find out.

Scott on Jan 17, 2013

Quite simply I would ask what is your favorite type of food. If you answered Mexican, I would serve enchiladas, pollo con rizo, with black beans, and lemon sorbet for dessert. If you answered Italian, I would serve stuffed baby portabella mushrooms, spaghetti bolognese, garlic and asiago breadsticks, with Giada De Laurentiis' tiramisu for dessert. If you answered German, I would serve and appetizer of glühwein with bread and cheese, Bavarian style gulaschsuppe, schnitzel with spatzle, steamed asparagus, followed by Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for dessert. If you answered southern American, you would be treated to cheddar-thyme cheese puffs with crab, wilted greens salad, jumbalaya, roasted corn on the cob, cornbread, grilled asparagus, and home made vanilla ice cream for dessert.

J. Acklin on Jan 17, 2013

macaroni & cheese...unless of course I get the job, in which case I will have real groceries again!

Jim on Jan 18, 2013

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Grilled Fish.

Emad on Jan 22, 2013

Whatever is your favorite meal made with ingredients from TJ's markets and items not found in TJ's but that I would find befitting to go along with the meal and explain why.

KS in NYC on Jan 23, 2013

I will be happy to accomodate you with my dinner.

Dr. s.k.kedia on Jan 24, 2013

A loaded shotgun. NO-ONE comes for dinner at our house without an invite.

crapdriver on Jan 24, 2013

I count on Trader Joe"s

CC on Jan 25, 2013

First off, I would not make anything with seafood in it, or maybe with just a tiny little. A small bowl of Jambalaya, with ham, sweet Italian sausage, green peppers, celery, onions, rice, canned tomato halves, some hot stuff, and the shrimp tossed in for the last 5 minutes. Maybe a peppy spiced cheese fondue, using french bread as the portal to a tasty evening. Next, we would present 2, 2 foot long stromboli's with a lager beer to rinse it down, or a wine cooler for the ladies. Golden brown, with a liberal covering of spaghetti sauce with mushrooms in it. For desert, I would take raspberry Ice cream and put it into a tall glass (only half way). Then I would take a chocolate stout beer and pour it over the ice cream. A raspberry stout float, with a long spoon, is the closer. Now, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CRIB.

Raven on Jan 25, 2013

It depends. If you're bringing a good wine, I'll make something nice. If you're bringing Two Buck Chuck, I hope you like Ramen noodles.

Trinity on Jan 25, 2013

food

neha jagare on Jan 27, 2013

It's depend on you are vegetarian or non-vegetarian and what is your Favorited.

Nidhi Sharma on Jan 28, 2013

welcome all...and dont think it as others house..its ur own..!!! So..if u comes just bring every thing wt u need nn prepare as ur wish. i cnt say anything... but if u feel its not ur house.. u can pay the bil too..as ur wish but if u r coming after getting this job 4 me... u cant disappoint.. sure

Anonymous on Jan 30, 2013

sree on Jan 30, 2013

This is an opportunity to be creative with your ideas and answers. Most of the management that read these answers, eat at places where meals cost over $100 a plate. But, you might have the opportunity to meet them on the golf course, if a job is what you want. Now, in one sentence or less, tell me what job opportunity would present itself on the golf course?

Reali T. Chek on Mar 4, 2013

Why are you wasting my time?

Ernesto Montigua on Mar 7, 2013

@Ernesto. They are not wasting your time. They are testing you to see how well you respond to a question (or questions). In your answer, you show frustration and a lack of self control. Your blunt answer shows an unwillingness to apply yourself to the levels that management expects of you. You will test management, and question their ability to lead ................. And since you used your real name, most of these companies will have you on a "Do Not Hire" list. With a statement like that, I'll bet that you couldn't get land a job at McDonald's.

topo gigio on Mar 8, 2013

I'd laugh, then say "I'm really a terrible cook. Absolutely AWEFUL to tell the truth! But TJ's prepared entrees have never let me down. I have a freezer full, so you are welcome to have your choice!"

Anon on Apr 21, 2013

for diner i am not in my house. I'm on the internet.

michou on Jun 4, 2013

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.