U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com

U.S. Bank Leadership Development Program Interview Question

I interviewed in Los Angeles, CA and was asked:
"If you had a single mom employee (banker), who brought in tons of business and was absolutely stellar, what would you do if she wanted to leave because she was being offered a better paying job at your competitor's company? You have maxed out your salary budget as well."
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Leadership Development Program Interview Review - one of 393 U.S. Bank Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 5
votes
I emailed my interviewer (district manager) about this afterward; this was his reply: What I would say is to think of a solution without the parameters we set for you, as if you owned the business. The parameters (salary maximum and budgetary concerns) were there to throw you off. An entrepreneur would always solve a problem like a business owner. If the person brings tremendous value then why wouldn't you make an objective business case to keep them on board? A simple calculation would show that retaining this person is the right move for the bank.
- Interview Candidate on Jan 18, 2012