Kimberly-Clark
www.careersatkc.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Kimberly-Clark Biomedical Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Atlanta, GA and was asked:
"If you had turned your cell phone to silent, and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?"
Tags: #attitude
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Biomedical Engineer Interview Review - one of 111 Kimberly-Clark Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

i have a phone too
- Kaushal Chawda on Jan 13, 2013 Flag Response
Who's phone was that?
- Kenny on Jan 15, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I would tell you nothing because I should have turned it off during our meeting.
- Alan on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 21
votes
With technology today you would think my phone would know that I am in an interview
- Ashley on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I would say it's a miracle, because I always power my phone completely off. Either I need it, or I don't. I see no purpose in "silence"; that's just saying "I'll listen to you until someone more important makes it vibrate."
- Glen on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 5
Stupid Android!
- Joe on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 8
votes
Sorry my wife is getting ready to give birth.
- Rich on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I've actually had that happen before... the phone was off, yet made a ring via some kind of crazy glitch. I was in church. It was NOT a miracle.
- Jon on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
It's my bitter half ....sorry my better half call .....
- A G on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
oh, its for you and had the phone to the interviewer...
- Diane on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 5
votes
Sorry for the interruption, a silent mode failure, if it would be a biomedical engineering problem I would have fixed it right away - then take off the battery.
- ektormelendez on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
Well if you make the mistake of not hiring me today my next stop is going to be at Google, because they CLEARLY need my services. When I finish a project, it works.
- Anonymous on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
Sorry, I have my phone set to ring only if Mr. Falk is calling. Excuse me while I take this.
- shayne on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I will continue our conversation because I would have left my phone in the car.
- Jason on Jan 17, 2013 Flag Response
of 6
votes
I'd ask if I could look out the window for the Batsignal - only Commissioner Gordon has the authority to ring through vibrate mode.
- Lynn on Jan 18, 2013 Flag Response
votes
Oh, I forgot to turn off my Stretch-break Alarm today.
- Anonymous on Jan 18, 2013 Flag Response
votes
my smartphone heard itself being referred to in the question and wanted to weigh in...
- Jim on Jan 18, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
Even the best technology needs human intervention
- Mariana on Jan 19, 2013 Flag Response
of 4
votes
I'd tell you that I must have forgotten it in my haste to be on time, and apologize profusely, while removing the battery. There's no need to stammer trying to explain that I turned it to silent, and the phone didn't work, who's going to believe that? I'd look like someone who didn't know how to work their own phone, at best - or worse a liar! Take the blame and own up, everybody makes mistakes.
- Michelle on Jan 20, 2013 Flag Response
votes
"Oh, excuse me". ( pulls phone from pocket, remove battery, put it back on pocket) .. look the person in the eyes and say " im sorry about that". moves on.
- mike on Jan 21, 2013 Flag Response
of 4
votes
That would never happen to me 'cause I don't have a cell phone :)
- Me on Jan 22, 2013 Flag Response
D*mn Siri!
- Ecardenal on Jan 23, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
"I assumed this phone would work the way it was supposed to, as I DID put it on silent. Too bad, faulty technology". Remove battery, continue.
- Paul Tudor Oprea on Jan 23, 2013 Flag Response
votes
Excuse your self, and simply remove battery and apologize and let them know that you are ready to proceed.
- Oliver on Jan 23, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
id get my cell phone out and show him/her that its switched off and say i never have that problem
- matt on Jan 24, 2013 Flag Response
votes
This phone is like a baby in church...making noise just at the wrong time!
- Liz on Jan 24, 2013 Flag Response
I Got a Bug :)
- Sandeep Rao on Jan 24, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I'd look guiltly as all get-out, take the battery out, and set it on the desk and continue with the interview.
- Stone Cold on Jan 25, 2013 Flag Response
votes
then it could be from Rajnikanth
- Anonymous on Jan 25, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
Ah! Seems he's got a mind of his own!
- Minnie on Jan 25, 2013 Flag Response
votes
excuse me....m sorry about that....
- Agarwal on Jan 26, 2013 Flag Response
votes
Sorry that's my parole officer calling...
- Khiladi on Jan 26, 2013 Flag Response
votes
i won't say anything coz i have already switched off my phone n i knw it wld b ur phn thts ringin n i wont like u 2 offend by saying your phone's ringin
- neha jagare on Jan 27, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
Sorry about that. My provider just lost a good customer.
- victor on Jan 27, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I need a pay rise for a new phone since the current one is not functioning as it should.
- Cynthia on Jan 28, 2013 Flag Response
votes
"Sorry, it is an everyday alarm for medicine."
I'm sure this is going to work bcoz cell phone alarms do ring even if the cell phone is in silent mode.
- Bisweswar Swain on Jan 28, 2013 Flag Response
what a mess... heheheh
- john on Jan 29, 2013 Flag Response
votes
i would tell u to ask better questions with more logic because phone doesn't work like u said.
- rach on Jan 29, 2013 Flag Response
votes
i would say the interviwer , "See, the phone rang even if it was on silent mode! This is why you should hire me soon."
- snix on Feb 7, 2013 Flag Response
votes
<silence the phone> Oh, it's probably the President. I'll call him back later. Shut phone off and say "Please continue with what you were saying, he won't be interrupting us again.

(Everyone, even the interviewer has the concern that their phone will go off at an inappropriate time. You can turn this into a plus if you don't panic and come up with some lie or explanation. He will of course know that you don't know the president and will take it as a joke rather than a lame excuse. It will also sub-consciouslly show him that your conversation with him is the most important thing at the moment.)
- Ken on Feb 14, 2013 Flag Response
votes
It must be from your HR department. I'm already impressed by how efficient your organisation is.
- adam on Feb 27, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
"I'm sorry for the noise, if it truly disturbs you.
I was being chased by the Klingon's, and lost them in a wormhole. My Transponder must have reset itself to the original factory settings".
- Capt. Kirk on Mar 9, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I would say that God is calling, and I should probably answer it
- Anonymous on Mar 21, 2013 Flag Response
votes
I'd check my phone, turn it off, and say, "I apologize" then continue with the interview without further explanation. The important thing is not to get flustered or make a bigger deal of the incident than is necessary. It has happened to everyone. No point in wasting time after the initial apology or annoying anyone further with unnecessary explanations. If the interviewer wants further explanation, s/he can ask.
- Anon on Apr 21, 2013 Flag Response
Sorry but its time for Angry Birds
- Marty on May 28, 2013 Flag Response
My phone is sick
- Anand on Jun 9, 2013 Flag Response
votes
lol, i set silent profile but with a timer.. sorry for the noise i caused..
- Gloria Fatima on Sep 7, 2013 Flag Response
of 1
Lol love the parole officer and the batman answers. Awesome. Also, who owns a phone with a removable battery anymore?
- Kyle on Oct 21, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees and interview candidates.