Apple

www.apple.com
Employer Engaged

Interview Question

Specialist Interview

If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from

scissors?
Answer

Interview Answer

42 Answers

i'D OFFER TO MAKE THE PIECES SMALLER FOR THE KIDS

STEVE on Jan 17, 2014

Use scissors to make change of a five dollar bill.

Derek on Jan 20, 2014

Being able to cut the coupons off for the customer that are usually stuck to the box.

Mike on Jan 21, 2014

Even if I were a driver...benefits of scissors wont change...it is used to cut things and that doesnt change if I go to bed to sleep or go for a run.

manu on Jan 21, 2014

Self defense

Murb on Jan 21, 2014

To gently cut my way to the CEO for an interview which I SHALL get!

Anonymous on Jan 21, 2014

It would keep me from running.

Anonymous on Jan 21, 2014

As it happens, I've been delivering pizza to support my family for the past year while looking for a position in which I can use my post-graduate degree. If I had a pair of scissors it would vastly simplify and expedite the pre-frontal lobotomy which your stupid question mandates I perform on you. I was going to use my Cross pen. Thanks for the use of your scissors!

Anonymous on Jan 21, 2014

(Not all at once, due to hygiene issues.)
1) Shave between deliveries.
2) Use as a car window escape tool if I accidentally drive off a pier.
3) If clean, offer to remove unwanted toppings with the scissors rather than going back for a second pizza.
4) DO NOT RUN. Biking with scissors may be okay.
5) Pizza box origami.
6) Self-defense from dogs at the gate or bad people.
7) Fun monocle.
8) Cut curbside flowers en route, offer them to attractive people along with pizza, hope for bigger tip.
9) Freeing my hair from the door Jake Ryan slammed when he was calling Samantha.
10) Tie each half to bottom of shoes on icy day—skating deliveries.
11) Use crushed eyeliner and tip of scissors like a quill if someone doesn't have a pen to sign the credit card slip.
12) Mirror: spruce up, see who's behind you, replacement for rearview, SOS signaling, calming angry birds.
13) Shoelace + scissors = jewelry.
14) Straight edge for graffiti art.
15) Compass to draw perfect circles, which could also be used in aforesaid art. More useful, though, on city map to specify pizza delivery area.

CJM on Jan 21, 2014

To cut the cheese.

Phil on Jan 21, 2014

A delivery person could use scissors just the same as any other. It is not limited to the job.

Josh Alderman on Jan 21, 2014

Whenever a need of scissors, i will make use of it.

kamal on Jan 21, 2014

That is a trick question, because the real question is to see if you can separate pizza delivery from your need for or use of scissors. If you deliver pizzas and do arts and crafts during your time off. If you cannot disassociate pizza delivery from owning and using a pair of scissors, you are not going to produce any real answer.

w3techie on Jan 21, 2014

I think the correct answer would be in the same ways as a person who has any other job. The question didn't ask for how you would benefit from scissors for your job.

Sam on Jan 21, 2014

Well, I would cut my way in reaching the customer in time & continue the fair reputation & legacy of meeting customer’s demand within the stipulated time frame. No extra Pizza for late deliveries on my account.

Prashant Sadrani on Jan 22, 2014

cut the cable line...

=z= on Jan 22, 2014

I would cut the "man" out of "deliveryman" and replace it with "woman." Or if you prefer, delivery "person."

Jeannie on Jan 22, 2014

I would make pepperoni dolls to dance on the pizza.

MiniBooger on Jan 22, 2014

cut coupons for people who don't have one for their pizza

Sylvia on Jan 22, 2014

I'd cut the delivery time in half.

Alan Jay Weiner on Jan 22, 2014

Apple delivers pizza ? Since when ?

Anonymous on Jan 23, 2014

If i were a pizza delivery man and you were considering me for a job, I'd question your recruitment screening process.

Patrick on Jan 23, 2014

Am I at Dominoes - or Apple ?

Anonymous on Jan 23, 2014

would cut the cake and eat it too

naresh gurnani on Jan 23, 2014

If I were a pizza deliveryman, I'd live on a pretty low wage, and, living a pretty simple life, I'd only own one pair of scissors. Another pair of scissors would benefit me because it could be my back-up pair. It would save me some of the trouble of looking for scissors at times, or if something were to happen to my first pair, I wouldn't have to spend $5 on a new pair.

Sarah on Jan 23, 2014

I would use the scissor to cut tickets, paste on pizza box and write customer name on it, so they don't get mixed up !!

Iadh on Jan 24, 2014

I don't find there would be any beneficial value to the scissors, as such would return them, as it would be a waste of company resources. I would in turn request a benefits program to help with health costs.

A on Jan 24, 2014

I would carry them with me to make sure I did not run with the pizza in my hands.

Ryan on Jan 24, 2014

As a pizza delivery person, i would always have some (FREE) sachets of chili flakes or pepper or ketchup sauce, :

IT WOULD BE EASY FOR ME USE scissor and get benefited.

Hardik Patoriya on Jan 26, 2014

I would offer to cut their pizza in slices if they'd like.

Mariam on Jan 26, 2014

I would ask customers, what is the best way to benefit from a scisors in a pizza delivery job.

Aytac Zeren on Jan 27, 2014

If my pizza uniform has an uncomfortable tag on the back of the neck, I can cut it off without risking tearing a hole in the fabric of the shirt.

Pyjammez on Jan 27, 2014

What? Nobody got this? The answer is obvious... With a scissors a pizza deliveryman could invoke a cut functionality, so he can cut the variable time in half. This way the delivery man would be able to increase it's throughput and time efficiency for each client, which would result in quality of service.

If pizza deliveryman were a game, the scissor item could be used to achieve the behavior above.

But again, this type of interview questions serve only to test your creativity, behavior handling odd problems and your capacity to come up with a congruent solution that solves the problem, when all the conditions you defined are guaranteed.

João Pinho on Jan 27, 2014

comparitively more confident than previous delivery!

kulasekhara on Jan 27, 2014

i cud cut my beard in the mean time

SHABIN SAJAN on Jan 27, 2014

With my 10 years in industry experience (insert your career here),college education and multiple industry certifications and the best job I could land is a pizza delivery boy, I'd stab myself in the eye.

Working on Jan 29, 2014

I would sell the scissors

Adikin on Feb 2, 2014

It will help me to cut through the traffic,so less delivery time

Dhananjay on Sep 13, 2014

i do not think it is a trick question. Anyway if I was a pizza deliveryman I would use it both to open doors of apartment blocks (most are locked and sometimes intercom doesn't work + a pair of scosors will open it in 3 sec without damage) and i might use it as a measuring tool to measure the distance to the customer on a map making as sure as possible that I won't be running late :)

Albert on Dec 17, 2014

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.