Goldman Sachs
3.7 of 5 1,483 reviews
www.goldmansachs.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Question

I interviewed in Salt Lake City, UT and was asked:
"If you were asked by a client to make a deal that you knew would be bad for them, even if it would make money for GS, what would you do? What if they were persistent and would not take your recommendations on not moving forward with the deal?"
Tags: ethical
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Operations Analyst Interview Review - one of 1,491 Goldman Sachs Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Tell the client that ethically I would not make a deal for them that I knew would be bad for them and that we would be sad to lose them as a client, but if they wanted to make that deal, they would need to go to one of our competitors.
- Interview Candidate on Apr 11, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.