Citi

www.citigroup.com

Citi Analyst Interview Question (student candidate)

I interviewed in New York, NY and was asked:
"If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?"
Tags: behavioral, analytical
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Analyst Interview Review - one of 866 Citi Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1

This sort of question separates the wheat from the chaff in terms of genuine interest in the work. Anyone can say "because Citi is a really great firm", so you need to take it a step further and think about it beforehand. The answer I gave was that their analyst program is a rare opportunity to work in an environment where they care about the kids they hire right out of college and where they're trying really hard to train you and help you develop useful skills, which is an unusual opportunity for 22 year-old. I also talked about how instead of getting shoved in a corner to do busy work for the few years of your career, in an analyst program like theirs you can really get out what you put in because they're trying to help you learn/advance. I also connected some of my past experience to the specifics of Private Banking to explain why I wanted them rather than any analyst program in general. They seemed to like it when I talked about working with clients/striving to meet their needs.

- Interview Candidate on Oct 30, 2013