Ifbyphone

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Major Account Interview

Major Account

I applied online and interviewed at Ifbyphone.

Interview Details – A lot of Q/A about job and past experience. Walk around office. Meet with other management.

Interview Question – Didnt feel like they really cared. Had the impression they brought in a lot of people.   Answer Question

Director of Infrastructure Interview

Director of Infrastructure
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ifbyphone in February 2014.

Interview Details – Chaotic at best.

I had applied through their own web site for the position and then followed up through linkedin . I received an email from Billy telling me they would like to schedule a phone conversation with their Senior Technical Recruiter. I spoke to Amy mid-day that day and had an excellent conversation.

The topic of compensation did come up and I explained that coming into the Chicago Market I did not know what was a "fair" wage and that we could revisit that if there was interest on both sides. That evening I received an email from Amy telling me "our EVP of Engineering would like to chat for 30 minutes on the phone to learn more about you". We scheduled a call for the following day.

I spent the rest of the night doing my research on the company, signing up for a developer account, getting familiar with the technology. I had read some negative reviews of the company but they were mostly from Sales positions and I could see this being a tough market play so I took the reviews with a grain of salt.

I was not overly impressed with the technology, but at least I'd be busy fixing and improving things.

The next morning I receive a very abrupt " we will not be moving forward with your candidacy at this time due to your salary requirements being well outside of our range". This email doesn't even come from anyone I'd been dealing with but through the JobVite site.

I followed up trying to make sense of it since how was I outside their range since I was quite clear I didn't have a range. It was further complicated by the fact there were two Amy's involved one an internal employee and one an outside contractor. NOTE to HR people, if you have two people with the same first name dealing with a candidate please make that evident.

It went downhill from there and all of the negative reviews started to make sense. Their technology seems to need a major overhaul and in the end I'm glad they passed on me.

Customer Success Interview

Customer Success
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ifbyphone in October 2013.

Interview Details – They wanted to know how much research I did on the company. They were very specific. But I have to say that I am personally less than impressed with the company for a variety of reasons. I passed on the opportunity because I have a good role already and Ifbyphone is an internet company that has been around for 10 years and yet from what I can tell they only do $20M-$25M in yearly sales volume. That is a growth company? After 10 years? Personally not buying the corporate Kool Aid and would be concerned about my own future at that dollar volume of revenue. They have a propaganda machine and no shortage of highly paid executives- but not enough to show for it. Plus, ten years is an eternity in this business climate and who knows about tomorrow?

Interview Question – They wanted to know how much research I did on the company and the competition. They seemed very matter of fact- but not much personality involved on their part and it was all business. Would have been nice if they would have asked a few personal questions to show they actually do care!   View Answer

Sales/Customer Engineer Interview

Sales/Customer Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ifbyphone.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Ruby dev position. 2 months later, I get a call for a phone screen. I went for an in-person interview and after a conversation with the interview, decide that I would be a better fit for the Sales/Customer Engineer position.

A week later, I interview with a Sales/Customer Engineer and the hiring manager. It goes well. A few days later, I meet the hiring manager's boss and the CEO. They grill me about my experience and consistently put me on the spot; it felt more like an interrogation than an interview. The same day, I receive a form e-mail saying that "they went in another direction".

Interview Question – Know the company and it's product offerings inside out. You will be asked to "sell" and explain them.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ifbyphone in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process involved a total of 6 people across two phone interviews and two on-site interviews. The 1st phone interview was with the HR Mgr. The 2nd phone interview was the same day, a few hours later with another Product Consultant. The 1st on-site interview was three employees and the 2nd on-site was with the VP of Sales and the CEO.

Interview Question – The only question that caught me off guard was, "How much time have you spent on our website?" Not much...I spent more time researching Ifbyphone's social media sites and watching videos about the company. Come prepared and know the website inside and out!   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Ifbyphone

Interview Details – Know about the company, read case studies about how they work with different customers as it does vary quite a bit.

Interview Question – Just normal sales interview questions and how they would apply to this role.   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Account Development Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ifbyphone.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter - passed that round and then in the first face-to-face round, met with two different individuals in the sales side of the business. Went on to the next round was interviewed by VP of Sales. No offer but wouldn't be a company I'd work too long for anyway!

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Account Development Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ifbyphone in January 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone interview with a recruiter from the company. The first interview is with two different people; one from the head of the Account Development team and the other is a Sales Manager. If that goes well, you then speak with three more people on another day. The final interview is with the CEO of the company.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Customer Success Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Ifbyphone.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. Came in and met with 2 current members on the team, the EVP, and the CEO. I got a good feel for the company and the position immediately and was comfortable asking questions to be sure this would be a good fit. The hiring process was quite fast.

Interview Question – Everyone and everything was very straightforward and pretty standard.   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Customer Success Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ifbyphone in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR manager. Afterwards, I went in and interviewed with 4 people: an employee, director, EVP, and CEO.

Interview Question – All straight forward questions. Be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ifbyphone

Worked for Ifbyphone? Contribute to the Community!

Ifbyphone Videos

Ifbyphone – Why Work for Us?

About Ifbyphone Ifbyphone manages, measures and automates voice conversations with your customers and prospects. These conversations cannot be managed using marketing automation or CRM software alone. Without… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ifbyphone interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ifbyphone employees and interview candidates.