IgnitionOne Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IgnitionOne (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brought in for a quick 30-45 minute interview by director and senior mgr/director. Basic interview questions. Review past experience. Speak about job description. The bid analysts have a more rigorous interview process. They meet with the entire team. Usually 3 rounds of 2-3 people asking you questions about your background. 1-2 hours. Expect you to be dressed professionally.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you experience in your past job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

Interview

Phone interview then two in person interviews. Fairly easy process until it was time for them to make a decision. Continually pushed back deadline for informing applicants of there decision. Eventually was not offered the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IgnitionOne (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone call after submitting resume, short questions about myself, school experience and about my plans for the future. The interviewer was very helpful in telling me about the company and abut their experience as well as their background. No question was too difficult and they were all fair.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient in Excel?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

Interview

I had to go to two rounds of interviews. First one was technical and the second one was also technical but also about teamwork and team building skills.They asked two problems, chosen based on how many years you've had programming. Also asked about things that were on the resume, and how much I knew each one, and tell them about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• The technical problem was a bit sudden, but they were understanding and gave me time to think it through and share my thoughts.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2015 – VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a Interview review. If there is anything else the HR team can do to assist with your ongoing onboarding, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Technical Interview

Interview

In person. Interviewed by peer, manager, and manager's manager. No big deal. I got to sit there for over an hour and a half listening to what a great place this is to work and all about what the people interviewing me know.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember exactly....about some development tool....when I said I've never heard of it, he jumped up to the whiteboard and proceeded to give me a little training session. He was thrilled and very happy with himself for answering the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, if you know how to negotiate.

Mar 31, 2015 – VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the interview process. We will work on improving the technical screen. Since you are currently employed by IgnitionOne, I encourage you to take ... More

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone that I would be a good fit for the company. She scheduled a conference call for my phone screening immediately and after suggested I move on with the skype interview with two senior managers. The skype interview was bizarre . Firstly, the managers supposed to conduct the interview pushed it back at least two hours. Then they showed up unprepared and disorganized. I agreed to answer their programming questions via google doc so they could track my coding process. It didn't help that they interrupted me at every turn and didn't explain the problem correctly. Though I nailed both assignments I knew right then that i could not work with these guys. We had zero chemistry and honestly they were just awkward. I think its because they were not prepared.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand of a clock   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2015 – VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience was negative. We have incorporated this and other feedback to provide our hiring managers ... More

Global Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed for a senior management position on a global account. Process took 3 weeks, included 12 interviews (11 of which went very well), traveled to HQ for 7 of them, nice group of people. The external headhunter that they were using at the time was less than capable, but the internal recruiter was honest, efficient and very pleasant to deal with. All that I met face-to-face with were intelligent and presented themselves and the company well.

Interview Questions

• How old are you, anyway? Like me, you're older than the average employee. Would that bother you?   1 Answer

May 19, 2014 – VP HR

The Company was recently made aware of this post and we are embarrassed to learn of this line of questioning. The interviewer asking the inappropriate questions is no longer with the Company. We ... More

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen was conducted by the HR director, then followed by one of the recruiters. After discussing my experience an interview was scheduled and I met with the recruiting team. The scrutiny was pretty great and although it was an internship I definitely felt like a career-changing opportunity was on the line. It was a positive experience overall and I loved the office culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about the recruiting process? Why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me what I was seeking in pay. However, the type of employment (an internship) was not negotiable.

Mar 31, 2015 – VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide an interview review. We hope that your internship experience has been pleasant. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share, feel free to reach out ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IgnitionOne (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Internal recruiter found my profile and contacted me regarding a position that they had. After a few e-mails to determine that we were on the same page I agreed to come in for an interview. The interview was very casual bordering on unprofessional. Their internal conference bridge and phone in the interview room was not working and we sat there for at least 20 minutes making small talk waiting for a team member to call into the conference room. Eventually the person in the room called the other team member on a cell phone and put it on speaker. After many awkward and unprepared questions from each interviewer they "rotated" in another interviewer repeating the same "oh the phone in this room does not work" circus. The executive that I was supposed to interview with was out of town and I was promised a call back to reschedule. This never happened despite my follow up e-mails that went unanswered. Based on my experience with this company I could never recommend their products or services due to their unprofessional and unprepared way of conducting interviews. If they are this unprepared for something as simple as a job interview imagine how unprepared they might be when it comes to something that really requires them to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Questions were unprepared and vague and open ended. It was not readily apparent what type of information they were trying to obtain. It honestly seemed as though they took regular employees and grabbed them without notice and said "hey interview this guy". They were reading my resume while I was answering questions and not really listening to my answers. A LOT of the interview time was wasted with them fumbling around trying to get various team members on the phone to conduct the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. Phone interview for general screening and finding out about work experience. Next step- on site interview with managers and other team members. Job offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard. ie tell me about your experience, what are your strengths, where can you improve   Answer Question

They bring on most candidates as interns and then hire on. This is apparently pretty standard there, but made me think twice about the availability of funds to actually hire and bring on new employees.