IgnitionOne

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.5

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone that I would be a good fit for the company. She scheduled a conference call for my phone screening immediately and after suggested I move on with the skype interview with two senior managers. The skype interview was bizarre . Firstly, the managers supposed to conduct the interview pushed it back at least two hours. Then they showed up unprepared and disorganized. I agreed to answer their programming questions via google doc so they could track my coding process. It didn't help that they interrupted me at every turn and didn't explain the problem correctly. Though I nailed both assignments I knew right then that i could not work with these guys. We had zero chemistry and honestly they were just awkward. I think its because they were not prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Write a method to calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand of a clock   View Answer

Global Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

Interviewed for a senior management position on a global account. Process took 3 weeks, included 12 interviews (11 of which went very well), traveled to HQ for 7 of them, nice group of people. The external headhunter that they were using at the time was less than capable, but the internal recruiter was honest, efficient and very pleasant to deal with. All that I met face-to-face with were intelligent and presented themselves and the company well.

Interview Questions
    • How old are you, anyway? Like me, you're older than the average employee. Would that bother you?   View Answer

IgnitionOne Response

May 19, 2014VP HR

The Company was recently made aware of this post and we are embarrassed to learn of this line of questioning. The interviewer asking the inappropriate questions is no longer with the Company. We ... More

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne in March 2014.

Initial phone screen was conducted by the HR director, then followed by one of the recruiters. After discussing my experience an interview was scheduled and I met with the recruiting team. The scrutiny was pretty great and although it was an internship I definitely felt like a career-changing opportunity was on the line. It was a positive experience overall and I loved the office culture.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about the recruiting process? Why?   View Answer
    They offered me what I was seeking in pay. However, the type of employment (an internship) was not negotiable.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IgnitionOne in July 2013.

Internal recruiter found my profile and contacted me regarding a position that they had. After a few e-mails to determine that we were on the same page I agreed to come in for an interview. The interview was very casual bordering on unprofessional. Their internal conference bridge and phone in the interview room was not working and we sat there for at least 20 minutes making small talk waiting for a team member to call into the conference room. Eventually the person in the room called the other team member on a cell phone and put it on speaker. After many awkward and unprepared questions from each interviewer they "rotated" in another interviewer repeating the same "oh the phone in this room does not work" circus. The executive that I was supposed to interview with was out of town and I was promised a call back to reschedule. This never happened despite my follow up e-mails that went unanswered. Based on my experience with this company I could never recommend their products or services due to their unprofessional and unprepared way of conducting interviews. If they are this unprepared for something as simple as a job interview imagine how unprepared they might be when it comes to something that really requires them to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were unprepared and vague and open ended. It was not readily apparent what type of information they were trying to obtain. It honestly seemed as though they took regular employees and grabbed them without notice and said "hey interview this guy". They were reading my resume while I was answering questions and not really listening to my answers. A LOT of the interview time was wasted with them fumbling around trying to get various team members on the phone to conduct the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IgnitionOne.

The interview process is pretty straight forward. Phone interview for general screening and finding out about work experience. Next step- on site interview with managers and other team members. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty standard. ie tell me about your experience, what are your strengths, where can you improve   Answer Question

They bring on most candidates as interns and then hire on. This is apparently pretty standard there, but made me think twice about the availability of funds to actually hire and bring on new employees.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne in June 2013.

The recruiter reached out to for a phone interview. That interview was pretty easy. Next, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people. It last about two hours. After that last interview, I didn't received any updates. I was promised updates, but they were never delivered. It is unprofessional to not communicate with those you've interviewed. Poor communication was the first impression of this company. For the sake of your company's reputation, save everyone's time by communicating clearly and quickly on whether the interviewee is a good fit for your company.

Manager (IT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IgnitionOne.

I had couple of phone interviews. Phone interview with HR went well, but hiring manager did not even ask me a single technical question. It was 5 minute phone interview - basically asked about my commute to downtown. Completely unprofessional...

Performance Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne in May 2011.

When I was hired, I was very new to NY and was given the contact through a friend involved in an umbrella company. They were very short handed and growing so it was only a matter of days before I went from phone interview, to one on one, to getting hired on as a full time intern. They basically talked about what they were looking for and less and about what I was capable of doing.

QA Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IgnitionOne in June 2012.

Hi,

I got an email from the recruiter mentioning thye want to have phone interview with me. 8 times the recruiter gaveme telephonic interview time and did not even bothered to call at the mentioned time. After some days again the recruiter will send an email showing interest in interview.

I will never work in such a place where they have no professionalism.

Ignitionone stinks.

Well Wisher for the jJob Seeker

Interview Questions
    • are you interested in being a part of ignition one,Reason it with explaination.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IgnitionOne in March 2012.

As Bangalore office is having very less headcount. so It's little difficult to crack interview for one or two position.