Ikanos

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analog Engineering Interview

Senior Analog Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ikanos.

Interview Details – Contacted Ikanos directly (through their website) after hearing about the opening online. Heard back from the hiring coordinator and spoke with her briefly via email. This led to an 1-on-1 phone interview with her, followed (the next day) by a 2nd 1-on-1 phone interview with the director of the Analog team. The following week I interviewed on site, which consisted of a 45-min presentation followed by several 1-on-1 interviews with members of the Analog team (~ 30-45 min in length each).

Interview Question – No one particular question comes to mind - several challenging questions were asked about different circuit topologies or design/test situations.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ikanos in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in early in the day. Manager was nice and made me comfortable. technical panel was good in parts.
strrange -ve vibes from some interviewers. an friend inside told me the bad part is that some interviewers prefer only andhra pradesh candidates some groupism inside.
interview finished in one day but the offer was awfully delayed.
slow process overall

Interview Question – question on deadlock avoidance and the resulting deadlock avoidance algorithms.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got an offer "i could not refuse" from a semiconductor company. the salary was matching but the work was also tied to open source so i went with it.
also work culture is bit shady as per insider

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ikanos in January 2008.

Interview Details – Was very easy and professional but the folks who interviewed are gone too

Interview Question – how many chickens in US   View Answer

Worked for Ikanos? Contribute to the Community!