Illinois Central College

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois Central College

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Central College in July 2013.

physical fitness evaluation, panel interview by a diverse three person panel , extensive background check including criminal history check based upon fingerprints, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, drivers license check, 90 day probation.

Interview Questions
    • If you encountered a argument between two co-workers how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation involved. They do take years of experience in a particular field in to consideration.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Central College in June 2010.

Was called in for interview after submitted CV to adjunct pool. The interview was run by 2 people. It was very structured, but had a sort of bizarre tone, like neither of them knew who was in charge of leading interview. There were awkward silences after all my answers, which I thought I had said in a very normal, straightforward way. Thought it was just me (it was my first teaching interview) but now that I've had lots of interviews I realize how uncomfortable it was.

Interview Questions
    • I remember several specific "scenario" questions, i.e. "What would you do if students weren't interacting in class?"   Answer Question

Business Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Illinois Central College in June 2009.

Panel interview with several insstructors, 2 deans, clerical staff. Took a little over an hour. Then a 15 classroom presentation.

Interview Questions
    • List several ways in which you will maintain discipline within the classroom?   Answer Question
    • What do you dislike most about teaching?   Answer Question