Illinois Institute of Art

www.artinstitutes.edu

Illinois Institute of Art Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director of Admissions

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Art.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the EDMC Career Opportunities page, was called for an in person interview with DOA/SDoA, and extended an offer the same day. They are constantly hiring for the ADA position and depending on the time of year (with regard to class start dates) will have a high sense of urgency. It was a very smooth interview process.

Interview Question – How do you find yourself adapting to a more structured environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Brief - I counter offered a small amount and it was accepted.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with a director of admissions and another with the president of the school. Both are intelligent and nice people. Just be yourself and you will have a good conversation at the very least.

Interview Question – Why did I want a job that required mostly all phone-oriented work?   View Answer

Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in May 2012.

Interview Details – The first point of contact was from an HR rep that phone screened candidates. After, I received and email inviting me to a group information session. Upon arriving for the information session, along with 10 other people, there were clip boards handed out and applications to be completed. We were then shuffled into a small classroom where a presentation was given by the Director of Admission for that campus. The presentation consisted of information about the company in general, then went in depth about the positions and expectations of candidates. Lastly, the HR benefits were talked about, where it seemed more like they were selling us on the job, rather then have us sell them.

They reps from the school then asked if anyone would like to leave now, if they feel the position isn't right for them. I knew this wasn't the job for me after the presentation as I didn't want to be in a sales position, but I stayed for the remainder of the interview. They then informed us that each of us would be taken one by one and asked a few more questions, a quick personal interview. So, they took each of us, one. by. one. It took two hours to get through everyone, and they went in a random order, not by arrival time.

The process was a bit ridiculous for the position, and came across like selling insurance. Hard to sell a $70,000 plus education from a private company to a student who deserves better.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview. friendly environment. basic questions.

Interview Question – Tell me more about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Illinois Institute of Art? Contribute to the Community!