Illinois Institute of Art

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois Institute of Art

Advisor Interview

The interview process was organized and everyone was friendly. I met with manager and two team members. Overall, I enjoyed my the interview experience and seeing the office.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Art.

I submitted my resume through the EDMC Career Opportunities page, was called for an in person interview with DOA/SDoA, and extended an offer the same day. They are constantly hiring for the ADA position and depending on the time of year (with regard to class start dates) will have a high sense of urgency. It was a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find yourself adapting to a more structured environment?   View Answer
    Brief - I counter offered a small amount and it was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in October 2012.

Two interviews, one with a director of admissions and another with the president of the school. Both are intelligent and nice people. Just be yourself and you will have a good conversation at the very least.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want a job that required mostly all phone-oriented work?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in May 2012.

The first point of contact was from an HR rep that phone screened candidates. After, I received and email inviting me to a group information session. Upon arriving for the information session, along with 10 other people, there were clip boards handed out and applications to be completed. We were then shuffled into a small classroom where a presentation was given by the Director of Admission for that campus. The presentation consisted of information about the company in general, then went in depth about the positions and expectations of candidates. Lastly, the HR benefits were talked about, where it seemed more like they were selling us on the job, rather then have us sell them.

They reps from the school then asked if anyone would like to leave now, if they feel the position isn't right for them. I knew this wasn't the job for me after the presentation as I didn't want to be in a sales position, but I stayed for the remainder of the interview. They then informed us that each of us would be taken one by one and asked a few more questions, a quick personal interview. So, they took each of us, one. by. one. It took two hours to get through everyone, and they went in a random order, not by arrival time.

The process was a bit ridiculous for the position, and came across like selling insurance. Hard to sell a $70,000 plus education from a private company to a student who deserves better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in June 2010.

1:1 interview. friendly environment. basic questions.

High School Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Art in March 2010.

An employee forwarded my resume and cover letter to the hiring manager. I was then contacted via email and asked to complete a questionnaire. The manager liked my answers and I received and email a couple of days later inviting me to a group information session where I learned more about the role as well as the compensation (benefits and salary parameters) that the position offered. It was conducted by two individuals, who stated the hiring decision was a group one. I was also asked in the email to prepare a 2-3 minute presentation on the benefits of a product or service, as this is an educational sales job. A couple of days after delivering my speech, I received a call to set up a phone interview. I was provided with a phone number and access code to dial in. There were three people on the line, the two who had conducted the group session and one additional person who did not say anything. The interview was a little tricky, but the interviewers were friendly. I was told I would be contacted by either way. Two weeks later, I was notified that they went with someone else for the position. The company culture seems great- they really want to see their employees grow within the company, the benefits package outstanding, and the hiring manager was extremely down-to-earth. The presentation rattled my nerves a bit, so I suggest preparing well in advice. Further, when asked to "tell me about yourself" I advise prospective candidates to really focus on their sales experience, whatever that might me. A little bummed I was not offered the position, but the interview series was great experience of what to, and not to, do on a sales interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about yourself, beyond what we see here on your resume.   View Answer
    • A variant on, why do you want to work here?   View Answer