Illinois Institute of Technology

1.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

The interviewer was very kind but had asked few deep technical question and some background questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2012.

I applied right away(online) and got a called about 5 minutes later. When I applied they needed workers so I was basically hired on the spot. Now the chances of getting the job is very difficult because there are too many people applying. The job is basically a first apply first get basis.

Facilities Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in December 2011.

Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Questions
    • I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question
    no negotiation, union job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in November 2011.

Hiring is a simple process. We need to look out for jobs through Career Management Center, through colleagues and many other ways. Next step would be create and submit Resume Online for verification. Applying for jobs with your resume. If selected you will be called by the respected department personnel and be interviewed about your experience related to the job you have applied for. Results for the interview vary from 2-3 weeks, depends. Its a great place to work with, experienced management and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Questions are asked depending on your resume and also related to the position you have applied for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2011.

It's about 20 mins panel interview. Very general questions, like how do you feel like working as a receptionist? How will you prioritize works in tight time frame? Tell me sth about your organizational skills. etc. I thought they just wanted to find someone they felt easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    • If someone asks you a question you don't know, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in May 2011.

First of all, the professor asked me where I come from. Then, asked me that what is my last design and went me to explain the detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in April 2011.

Only one in-person interview required. The interview was more of a behavioral assessment interview wherein my manager examined my communication skills and team skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you pursuing your MBA after an undergrad in engineering?   Answer Question

CDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in February 2010.

I was interviewing to maintain my position for the upcoming academic year. Extremely basic and traditional interview questions were asked. Interviewer did not seem truly interested in the process and had his nose in his notebook for the majority of the interview. If you go in with your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and history that may help on the job, you will be just fine.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Should you be retained, what have you learned through your last year of employment that may make you a better employee throughout the upcoming year?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were allowed for this position, as the candidate pool greatly surpassed the position's requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in January 2010.

I applied online and was invited for a face to face interview. They asked basic questions about pertinent work experience. An offer was made at the end.