Illinois Institute of Technology

18 candidate interviews

Research Associate/Software Engineer Interview

Research Associate/Software Engineer

Interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology

Interview Details – There was no interview. My Employer happened to be a professor who took note of a few of my class projects and was impressed. He happened to have an open position for a student to fill in. He thought I would be a good fit and offered me the position. Sorry no questions!

Interview Question – Sorry no questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did ask for more pay and got it bumped from $12 an hour to $16 an hour.

Community Desk Assistant Interview

Community Desk Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Interview Details – Apply when they advertise it. Takes about a month. They approve your resume and cover through a point system. Based on your score they will decide whether they give you an interview or not. Interview is pretty standard, they look for customer service experience, etc.

Negotiation Details – None.

Facilities Foreman Interview

Facilities Foreman
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in December 2011.

Interview Details – Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Question – I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, union job

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worker Interview

Worker
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied right away(online) and got a called about 5 minutes later. When I applied they needed workers so I was basically hired on the spot. Now the chances of getting the job is very difficult because there are too many people applying. The job is basically a first apply first get basis.

Wheaton, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2008.

Interview Details – simple, required work study

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

Secretary Interview

Secretary

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an existing employee and was contacted by the manager. I sent in my resume via e-mail and set up an interview time and date. At the interview, I was asked about my skills relevant to the job. Pretty standard interview set-up. There were two interviewers present and they were both engaged in the conversation.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the type of switchboard we currently use?   Answer Question

CDA Interview

CDA
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewing to maintain my position for the upcoming academic year. Extremely basic and traditional interview questions were asked. Interviewer did not seem truly interested in the process and had his nose in his notebook for the majority of the interview. If you go in with your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and history that may help on the job, you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Should you be retained, what have you learned through your last year of employment that may make you a better employee throughout the upcoming year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were allowed for this position, as the candidate pool greatly surpassed the position's requirements.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – It's about 20 mins panel interview. Very general questions, like how do you feel like working as a receptionist? How will you prioritize works in tight time frame? Tell me sth about your organizational skills. etc. I thought they just wanted to find someone they felt easy to work with.

Interview Question – If someone asks you a question you don't know, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring is a simple process. We need to look out for jobs through Career Management Center, through colleagues and many other ways. Next step would be create and submit Resume Online for verification. Applying for jobs with your resume. If selected you will be called by the respected department personnel and be interviewed about your experience related to the job you have applied for. Results for the interview vary from 2-3 weeks, depends. Its a great place to work with, experienced management and helpful.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Questions are asked depending on your resume and also related to the position you have applied for.   View Answer

Worked for Illinois Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!