Illinois Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.0

Community Desk Manager, Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Was told to wait in a lobby for about 20 minutes, given materials to review about the jobs I had applied for, and then escorted into a very large room with several tables and seated at one in particular that had two staff members: one from the Office of Campus Life and one from Residence and Greek Life. They took turns asking questions and then wished you a good day when the process was over.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you felt you were in conflict with someone you were working with and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Basically they go through your resume and ask you a few questions about it. The first question is always "tell me about you". The interview took about 20 minutes and the interviewer (which is my boss now) was very kind. You don't have to worry about being nervous, they'll make you feel comfortable. Before you start you are asked to do a background test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your life.
      Which major are you studying at the IIT?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

Interview

As far as the interview process goes, you meet directly with who you will be working with as you would with other businesses. The hiring process can take some time but this is similar in other places as well.

Interview Questions

• How well you can react to a question that doesnt require your expertise.   Answer Question

Interview

There was no interview. My Employer happened to be a professor who took note of a few of my class projects and was impressed. He happened to have an open position for a student to fill in. He thought I would be a good fit and offered me the position. Sorry no questions!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did ask for more pay and got it bumped from $12 an hour to $16 an hour.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied right away(online) and got a called about 5 minutes later. When I applied they needed workers so I was basically hired on the spot. Now the chances of getting the job is very difficult because there are too many people applying. The job is basically a first apply first get basis.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Wheaton, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.

Community Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Interview

Apply when they advertise it. Takes about a month. They approve your resume and cover through a point system. Based on your score they will decide whether they give you an interview or not. Interview is pretty standard, they look for customer service experience, etc.

Negotiation

None.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Hiring is a simple process. We need to look out for jobs through Career Management Center, through colleagues and many other ways. Next step would be create and submit Resume Online for verification. Applying for jobs with your resume. If selected you will be called by the respected department personnel and be interviewed about your experience related to the job you have applied for. Results for the interview vary from 2-3 weeks, depends. Its a great place to work with, experienced management and helpful.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Questions are asked depending on your resume and also related to the position you have applied for.   1 Answer

Facilities Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, union job

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind but had asked few deep technical question and some background questions