Illinois Institute of Technology

Updated Jul 28, 2014

1.9

CDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in February 2010.

I was interviewing to maintain my position for the upcoming academic year. Extremely basic and traditional interview questions were asked. Interviewer did not seem truly interested in the process and had his nose in his notebook for the majority of the interview. If you go in with your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and history that may help on the job, you will be just fine.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Should you be retained, what have you learned through your last year of employment that may make you a better employee throughout the upcoming year?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were allowed for this position, as the candidate pool greatly surpassed the position's requirements.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in January 2010.

I applied online and was invited for a face to face interview. They asked basic questions about pertinent work experience. An offer was made at the end.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in September 2008.

Online submission of resume and quick cover letter.
    After getting an email from the supervisor, I spoke with her and the director for an 1:1 interview.
    As this is a small organization, they were very friendly and open to new ideas.
    They seem to focus usually on students that have experience in software and website development along with databases.
    Overall it was pretty simple.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2008.

simple, required work study

none

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2008.

Internal application followed by a notification of interest from the hiring party. I then had to notify my current manager before I could move forward with the interview process. After two face to face interviews I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't room for negotiation

Secretary Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2010.

I was referred by an existing employee and was contacted by the manager. I sent in my resume via e-mail and set up an interview time and date. At the interview, I was asked about my skills relevant to the job. Pretty standard interview set-up. There were two interviewers present and they were both engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with the type of switchboard we currently use?   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in January 2010.

The whole process from initial phone screen to the actual written offer took less than two weeks and gave me an impression of a well oiled machine. Recruiters and interviewers were efficient and "to the point" the whole time. The face-to-face interview consisted of a Group interview, which lasted an hour and one-on-one meetings with most of the Group interview participants. The overall impression was very positive. Apparently on both sides

Interview Questions
    • What are significant changes in the different technologies as we scale down in CMOS   Answer Question
    • How does threshold voltage changes with respect to temparature.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in May 2009.

It was really pretty simple. The hiring manager was very nice - very polite. I explained that I was looking for summer work and experience and I had a yearning for some physiology work. He gladly took me under his wing to help out with some of his research that he was doing at IIT.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here over the summer? What do you want to gain from the experience?   View Answer
    Be honest and tell the hiring manager what you're interested in.