Illinois State Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.5

Senator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois State.

Position openings are posted on the SGA website. In order to apply one must fill out an application and have an up to date resume. Just drop off the resume and application in the office, make sure you include all contact info, and someone on SGA should notify you about your application.

Interview Questions
    • It changes year to year but most often they will ask you the basic questions (strengths weaknesses, handle a difficult situation, etc.) and then one of the harder questions you will be asked is about what you want SGA to do and how you can help make that happen. It's hard because you actually have to think about what you want to accomplish on SGA and because if you aren't experienced with SGA you don't know what is possible/impossible/improbable/illegal/etc.   Answer Question
    You must be open wednesday nights from 6-9pm, that is when the meetings are held. If you can't be open at that time then you won't get hired.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Illinois State.

Apply Online. Interview in person, lasts about 60 minutes.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois State in June 2013.

I did not have much of an interview process with ISU. When I received the position I was already a graduate student so I just had to submit an application and then do a short phone interview which involved calling a specific number, listening to a prompt and answering the question in Spanish.

MSA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State.

Attend one of the mandatory Recruitment Sessions listed below. Applicants that have not attended a recruitment session during the current academic year will be removed from consideration for that hiring session. Recruitment sessions will last approximately one hour, and no entry is allowed after the session begins.
    Prepare a resume and cover letter. See the Career Center for assistance in creating a resume and cover letter.
    Complete an Online Application by visiting www.IllinoisState.edu/jobs/. Position postings are active during the week of each recruitment session starting Monday morning through Wednesday at 4 p.m.
    Complete and attach the Recruitment Card (available during open hiring sessions) to your online application.
    Only complete applications will be considered. Qualified candidates will be selected for interviews.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois State in January 2012.

Very straightforward process. Great employer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois State in March 2011.

Normal process

PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State in December 2010.

Very straightforward. I submitted a portfolio and an application, they reviewed it. Contacted me for more information about myself and then I came in for an interview. The interview was with two other people. One would later become my supervisor the other was the director of the department.

Member Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State in October 2010.

Attended a mandatory hiring session for the campus rec. Based on my resume I got called for a student interview with present rec employees. Basic Interview questions and some situational ones. Took about 20 minutes, including wait time in lobby.
    Got a call back for a second interview with one of the bosses. Asked same questions and more situational ones.

Question that tripped everyone up was "What does being punctual mean to you?"

Interview Questions
    • What does punctual mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in case of an emergency or altercation on the floor during rec hours?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois State in August 2010.

Very simple. Regular situational questions.

None

Study Abroad Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Illinois State in August 2010.

I applied by submitting my resume along with a cover letter. A few weeks later I was contacted by the office for an interview. The longest wait was between the interview and knowing whether or not I had gotten the job--this was about a month or so. The interview was approximately 30-45 minutes long, and was done by three of the current employees. They asked standard questions about previous experience and about my time abroad.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any unexpected or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question