Illinois State

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senator Interview

Senator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview Details – Position openings are posted on the SGA website. In order to apply one must fill out an application and have an up to date resume. Just drop off the resume and application in the office, make sure you include all contact info, and someone on SGA should notify you about your application.

Interview Question – It changes year to year but most often they will ask you the basic questions (strengths weaknesses, handle a difficult situation, etc.) and then one of the harder questions you will be asked is about what you want SGA to do and how you can help make that happen. It's hard because you actually have to think about what you want to accomplish on SGA and because if you aren't experienced with SGA you don't know what is possible/impossible/improbable/illegal/etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You must be open wednesday nights from 6-9pm, that is when the meetings are held. If you can't be open at that time then you won't get hired.

PR Specialist Interview

PR Specialist
Normal, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois State in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very straightforward. I submitted a portfolio and an application, they reviewed it. Contacted me for more information about myself and then I came in for an interview. The interview was with two other people. One would later become my supervisor the other was the director of the department.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Normal, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois State in June 2013.

Interview Details – I did not have much of an interview process with ISU. When I received the position I was already a graduate student so I just had to submit an application and then do a short phone interview which involved calling a specific number, listening to a prompt and answering the question in Spanish.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview Details – Apply Online. Interview in person, lasts about 60 minutes.

Interview Question – What do you expect from us?   Answer Question

MSA Interview

MSA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview Details – Attend one of the mandatory Recruitment Sessions listed below. Applicants that have not attended a recruitment session during the current academic year will be removed from consideration for that hiring session. Recruitment sessions will last approximately one hour, and no entry is allowed after the session begins.
Prepare a resume and cover letter. See the Career Center for assistance in creating a resume and cover letter.
Complete an Online Application by visiting www.IllinoisState.edu/jobs/. Position postings are active during the week of each recruitment session starting Monday morning through Wednesday at 4 p.m.
Complete and attach the Recruitment Card (available during open hiring sessions) to your online application.
Only complete applications will be considered. Qualified candidates will be selected for interviews.

Interview Question – What does unity meant?   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Normal, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Illinois State in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very straightforward process. Great employer.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Professor Interview

Instructional Assistant Professor
Normal, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Illinois State in June 2008.

Interview Details – Saw an ad to teach one management course. Applied and received a phone interview from the department chairperson (director). During first interview, was asked to come in for a second interview with department chairperson. At that time, I was asked if I was interested in a full-time position teaching, and I accepted.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. We reviewed both my resume and curriculum vitae, and discussed which management courses I could teach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Non-Tenure Track position is represented by a union, so I was offered a starting salary and benefits within the contract.

Study Abroad Assistant Interview

Study Abroad Assistant
Normal, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Illinois State in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied by submitting my resume along with a cover letter. A few weeks later I was contacted by the office for an interview. The longest wait was between the interview and knowing whether or not I had gotten the job--this was about a month or so. The interview was approximately 30-45 minutes long, and was done by three of the current employees. They asked standard questions about previous experience and about my time abroad.

Interview Question – There really were not any unexpected or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Normal, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Illinois State in March 2011.

Interview Details – Normal process

Interview Question – Why are you applying for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes

Member Service Associate Interview

Member Service Associate
Normal, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois State in October 2010.

Interview Details – Attended a mandatory hiring session for the campus rec. Based on my resume I got called for a student interview with present rec employees. Basic Interview questions and some situational ones. Took about 20 minutes, including wait time in lobby.
Got a call back for a second interview with one of the bosses. Asked same questions and more situational ones.

Question that tripped everyone up was "What does being punctual mean to you?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Illinois State? Contribute to the Community!