Illinois State Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Student Manager Campus Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview is set up as follows: sit down in front of hiring office workers and administrators, they take turns asking you questions. Only last about a half hour to 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Leadership Experience? What makes you a top candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Senator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

Position openings are posted on the SGA website. In order to apply one must fill out an application and have an up to date resume. Just drop off the resume and application in the office, make sure you include all contact info, and someone on SGA should notify you about your application.

Interview Questions

• It changes year to year but most often they will ask you the basic questions (strengths weaknesses, handle a difficult situation, etc.) and then one of the harder questions you will be asked is about what you want SGA to do and how you can help make that happen. It's hard because you actually have to think about what you want to accomplish on SGA and because if you aren't experienced with SGA you don't know what is possible/impossible/improbable/illegal/etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You must be open wednesday nights from 6-9pm, that is when the meetings are held. If you can't be open at that time then you won't get hired.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

You apply online and you are called based on your involvement and achievements in school. Also, if you seem too busy, they will not bother to call you because they don't think you'd be able to cover the front desk as often. They are really friendly and will hire you based on how approachable you are or how friendly you are.

Interview Questions

• What are three things your friends would say about you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

Apply Online. Interview in person, lasts about 60 minutes.

Campus Dining Services Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, then called in for an interview, only one interview but by a panel made up of one student manager from the Central Hiring Office and two or three administrators, dressed business professional, acted confident, and answer basic part-time job interview questions - most difficult question (personally) asked was to describe a time of difficult and the steps I took to overcome that difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is highly competitive. First there are many applicants for the same job and then after your resume is selected there is an interview that a candidate needs to pass. Once you crack the interview you get the job. The main difficulty is to get your resume selected by the interviewer.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was told to apply on their website. After 3 months of no notice, I was called in 4 days before the joining date for an interview and was told that there was not a full-time GA position left but a part time one which would still give me a full ride.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I did not have much of an interview process with ISU. When I received the position I was already a graduate student so I just had to submit an application and then do a short phone interview which involved calling a specific number, listening to a prompt and answering the question in Spanish.

MSA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

Attend one of the mandatory Recruitment Sessions listed below. Applicants that have not attended a recruitment session during the current academic year will be removed from consideration for that hiring session. Recruitment sessions will last approximately one hour, and no entry is allowed after the session begins. Prepare a resume and cover letter. See the Career Center for assistance in creating a resume and cover letter. Complete an Online Application by visiting www.IllinoisState.edu/jobs/. Position postings are active during the week of each recruitment session starting Monday morning through Wednesday at 4 p.m. Complete and attach the Recruitment Card (available during open hiring sessions) to your online application. Only complete applications will be considered. Qualified candidates will be selected for interviews.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Illinois State in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process began by applying to Illinois State University's online job board. I waiting for a phone call, which came a couple of weeks later, and completed a phone interview with the employer. After a phone interview I was asked to come in and speak to the employer for a face-to-face interview. After the interview was over I was able to accept the job the next day after receiving a call back from the department.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of this job if you were to get it?   Answer Question