Illinois State Interview Questions in Normal, IL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Student Manager Campus Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview is set up as follows: sit down in front of hiring office workers and administrators, they take turns asking you questions. Only last about a half hour to 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Leadership Experience? What makes you a top candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

You apply online and you are called based on your involvement and achievements in school. Also, if you seem too busy, they will not bother to call you because they don't think you'd be able to cover the front desk as often. They are really friendly and will hire you based on how approachable you are or how friendly you are.

Interview Questions

• What are three things your friends would say about you?   1 Answer

Campus Dining Services Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, then called in for an interview, only one interview but by a panel made up of one student manager from the Central Hiring Office and two or three administrators, dressed business professional, acted confident, and answer basic part-time job interview questions - most difficult question (personally) asked was to describe a time of difficult and the steps I took to overcome that difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is highly competitive. First there are many applicants for the same job and then after your resume is selected there is an interview that a candidate needs to pass. Once you crack the interview you get the job. The main difficulty is to get your resume selected by the interviewer.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was told to apply on their website. After 3 months of no notice, I was called in 4 days before the joining date for an interview and was told that there was not a full-time GA position left but a part time one which would still give me a full ride.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I did not have much of an interview process with ISU. When I received the position I was already a graduate student so I just had to submit an application and then do a short phone interview which involved calling a specific number, listening to a prompt and answering the question in Spanish.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Great employer.

Computer Programmer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

It was easy going. About one hour, with a two person panel. Questions were mostly focused what I had done in the previous job. Asked me if I could show them some previous projects. Got the offer after about one week. Since it was part time job, there was basically no space to negotiate wage. Over all it was positive.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Normal process

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Very straightforward. I submitted a portfolio and an application, they reviewed it. Contacted me for more information about myself and then I came in for an interview. The interview was with two other people. One would later become my supervisor the other was the director of the department.