Illinois State Interview Questions in Normal, IL

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.7

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is highly competitive. First there are many applicants for the same job and then after your resume is selected there is an interview that a candidate needs to pass. Once you crack the interview you get the job. The main difficulty is to get your resume selected by the interviewer.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I did not have much of an interview process with ISU. When I received the position I was already a graduate student so I just had to submit an application and then do a short phone interview which involved calling a specific number, listening to a prompt and answering the question in Spanish.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Great employer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Normal process

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job?   1 Answer

PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Very straightforward. I submitted a portfolio and an application, they reviewed it. Contacted me for more information about myself and then I came in for an interview. The interview was with two other people. One would later become my supervisor the other was the director of the department.

Member Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Attended a mandatory hiring session for the campus rec. Based on my resume I got called for a student interview with present rec employees. Basic Interview questions and some situational ones. Took about 20 minutes, including wait time in lobby.
    Got a call back for a second interview with one of the bosses. Asked same questions and more situational ones.

Question that tripped everyone up was "What does being punctual mean to you?"

Interview Questions

• What does punctual mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in case of an emergency or altercation on the floor during rec hours?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Very simple. Regular situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Study Abroad Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume along with a cover letter. A few weeks later I was contacted by the office for an interview. The longest wait was between the interview and knowing whether or not I had gotten the job--this was about a month or so. The interview was approximately 30-45 minutes long, and was done by three of the current employees. They asked standard questions about previous experience and about my time abroad.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any unexpected or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Saw an ad to teach one management course. Applied and received a phone interview from the department chairperson (director). During first interview, was asked to come in for a second interview with department chairperson. At that time, I was asked if I was interested in a full-time position teaching, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. We reviewed both my resume and curriculum vitae, and discussed which management courses I could teach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Non-Tenure Track position is represented by a union, so I was offered a starting salary and benefits within the contract.