Illinois Tollway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing & Communications Intern Interview

Marketing & Communications Intern

Interviewed at Illinois Tollway

Interview Details – Hiring process was very engaging. There were a series of general and work related question that pertained to soft skill and hard skill sets. An HR Manager and a Manager from the Dept I ended up working in were the interviewers. Atmosphere was very conversational as opposed to an intense or intimidating interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected by my knowledge.   Answer Question

Documentation Manager Interview

Documentation Manager
Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Tollway in July 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was a structured interview with three interviewers present. It was explained that all candidates were asked the same questions. There was a session at the end where the candidate could ask questions.

Interview Question – A long question about writing ability that requested an example. Why not just ask to bring in a sample.   Answer Question

Intern (Business Systems) Interview

Intern (Business Systems)

I applied online and interviewed at Illinois Tollway.

Interview Details – They called me about 3 weeks after filling out an application to schedule an interview. The interview was only about 10 min long. There were 3 ppl in the room and they all were like robots with no emotion, I felt like they didn't want to be there and that they felt miserable. I was upbeat and they were just BLAH, which was awkward. All of the questions were easy normal interview q's about your skills, education, and computer knowledge. Had the interview today but i don't expect to get a call back lol. Didn't get a good vibe from the interviewers so didn't take it seriously

Interview Question – This position requires research anaylsis tell me how your educational background has prepared you for it   Answer Question

Business Systems Interview

Business Systems
Downers Grove, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Tollway in August 2009.

Interview Details – Standardized questions given in a panel format. No opportunity to clarify questions or really get a feel for the position or the organization. The interviewers take many notes making it unclear if they are really listening. Interviews are scheduled with very minimal time and not long enough to effectively answer questions. Be prepared to wait for your scheduled start time due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Question – Experience with internal systems that are custom where no one would have had experience unless having been previously employed there.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Downers Grove, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Tollway in December 2009.

Interview Details – This is a RUTAN interview process. All interviewees are asked the same questions, without variation. The interviewer will not clarify the meaning of a question. Unless you ask questions at the end of the interview, a typical interview will last approximately 10 minutes with very little or no meaningful feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle (insert ethical dilemma here).   Answer Question
  • Describe various technologies you have worked with in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is limited ability to negotiate. The salary ranges are largely fixed. Although salary is somewhat negotiable, other benefits are fixed.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Illinois Tollway in March 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my application 6 months prior to getting a call for an interview. I was more like a screening interview when I found myself waiting outside an office with a couple other applicants. A couple hours later I was in front of a three person interview panel with scripted questions. (Typical Project Management type questions). It lasted for about an hour and said they would be getting back to me in about a week but haven't heard anything in over a month.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Downers Grove, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Illinois Tollway in June 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting my application I was called 2 or 3 weeks later and told to come in for a 50 minute basic math test. About 70 people showed up on my test date. There were about 50 or 60 questions. It is all addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers. No Algebra. make sure you get scratch paper from the tester. You need at least a 75% score to pass.

I was called 2 or 3 weeks after that for an interview. The other people waiting were scheduled 5 minutes apart. The interview itself was very pleasant and with 3 individuals. They asked 10 questions. One question was about my customer service experience, another was please explain how my education would help me do my job, another was tell us about an irate customer and how you resolved the situation, another was a problem you encountered on the job and how you solved it. Another was about teamwork. They also asked me about any disciplinary action I had on previous jobs and specifically with respect to attendance.

Overall, everyone was very pleasant. They said they would be making a decision in about a week and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult problem you had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about an irate customer you had and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Toll Collector Interview

Toll Collector

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Tollway.

Interview Details – You have to pass a drug test and pass a background check and maybe a written test.

Interview Question – i'm not sure   Answer Question

Worked for Illinois Tollway? Contribute to the Community!