Illinois Tool Works Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was easy and smooth. The interviewer was a manager at that department. The interview took over the phone and lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer spent a lot of time introducing her company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by phone to arrange for a 1 hour HR interview. During the interview was asked pretty much all standard general interview questions - salary requirements, why work for us, why are you thinking of leaving your job, best boss, best skills, how do we remember you, how do you keep up to date with new stuff, have you missed deadline, if a coworker is missing a deadline, do you prefer to work in a team or by yourself.....etc.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker is missing a deadline what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

Basic questions on my resume, skills and experience. Details about the product development process which the intern will be working upon. Few technicalities about the projects undertaken at undergraduate and graduate level. HR asked basic questions related to short term and long term goals, moving around the country for projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• How am I better than other candidates for the position   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Glenview, IL).

Interview

Interview with 5 different Engineers from the company lasting about 2 hours. Questions included experience, hobbies, and some basic engineering problems. All said and done was about a two week period waiting for an answer, in which I was required to complete a drug screen and submit infor for credit/background checks. Pretty normal job process - some challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• Was told to draw an expanded (3D) view of a (2D) drawing.   Answer Question

Interview

On site interview was behavioral and the questions were pretty straight forward. You get 3 interviews, an hour each. Most questions dealt with talking about your resume and situational scenarios.

Tax Interview

Interview

Behavior questions, easy questions. Applied online, got phone-call from managers. Usually two interviewers. Prepare using the questions from MBA interview will be helpful. It took me two weeks to hear back from HR department. Then run the drug tests and background check.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call from HR about two weeks later to have a phone interview with a engineering manager. The interview was just go over my resume and asked about my past experience.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

One and done interview. Employees are friendly and enjoyable to be around. Unique Tax experience, depending on area put into. Some people were a little different, but overall enjoyed the company. Now I am just meeting the required word count count count count count count count count count count count count count count count.

Interview Questions

I prefer to live in the Southern U.S.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

Interview went fine. Shop employees did not pass a simple smile test. Everyone looked away once eye contact as made. It was very strange and sad.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty standard for the position; nothing stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

Original interview process was, very good, but then ITW has very little influence on small units

Negotiation

no negotiation process